Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you sonia!
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Same goes for you Liz, nicely read again :) Only Section 7 seems to be a bit below the required volume of at least 86 dB (yours are 85.9) but I think we can safely mark them PL ok nevertheless. At least I heard it quite clearly with my earplugs. Just maybe be careful not to go below that still.

The filename is not 100% correct, as there are over 10 poems, we mark the ones under 10 with a 0 before the number, so 05 and 07 in your case. But I think Carolin can change that at a later stage. Just think about it next time :)

All 3 PL ok

Thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you sonia!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you maryann!
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi MaryAnn

I just spent the last half hour on enjoying all these sonnets in a row :9: Your calm and fluent voice is very soothing (maybe not a good thing so early in the morning, but no, I did not fall asleep again :mrgreen: )

They were almost all word perfect, so I'll mark 09, 13, 14, 30, 31, 33 and 34 PL ok already.

I only have two tiny notes:

in Sonnet 08, there is a small grammatical error which makes the sentence wrong:

> at 0:23: “Soft, tangled lights shone through the irised spray”: here you insert one “that”, which only appears one line later

a small question for Sonnet 31:

> at 0:21: “I hold the violets a moments”: I could be mistaken but I hear “violence:? I marked the Sonnet already PL ok, because I simply think there must be a flaw in my hearing, but could you maybe check again ? I wouldn't want to let "violence" remain in this specific poem about flowers.

There was totally fine and very well read ! Thanks

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you sonia!
Carolin
Greenmustache

Post by Greenmustache »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:thumbs:
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Greenmustache wrote:Here is my poem:
04 - 1:23 - https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/sonnetstoalover_04_reed_128kb.mp3
Hi Jesse (not sure if I heard the name correctly :oops: )

congrats to your first recording. And wonderfully done too. I especially liked your beginning, because quite fitting for the topic of the storm, I think you conveyed rather a tone of menace and impending danger to the sonnet. Very interesting choice for your reading :thumbs: It shows that sonnets don't have to be all roses and kisses.

Also, you read word-perfect and your technical details are all as they should be. The only thing I would like to mention is your end silence, which should be 5 seconds for such small poems, yours tends a bit more towards 7 seconds. This is really trivial, and easily amended though. Could you cut it down to 5 seconds please and reupload with the same file name ? Then I can mark it PL ok.

Thanks a lot, and I hope I hear more from you. :)

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you sonia!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SkyAlbatross wrote:Sorry for the delay! Here are my 12 recordings.
:shock: ok had quite some work to do now LOL Well luckily, you are not one for making many mistakes, so it was quite a breeze to listen to them all in one go. :)

I will mark them all except one PL ok, but, if I may, I would advise you to pay a bit more attention on your pronunciation of the 'th'-sound, especially at the end of words. While it doesn't matter if you say "dis" or "this", there is a difference between "bird" and "birth". Luckily there were not many words in these sonnets that could confuse the listener, and most of the time one would understand what was meant anyway. So the only sentence I would re-do is the line with "spring's birth" in Sonnet 28.

> at 0:50: "and so if dead Spring has another birth" - I really hear "bird" here and this changes the meaning, as she really meant re-birth here and not birds

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you sonia!
Carolin