Post by euisme »

Hope I did this right! Here is chapter 8. Time: 6:35

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/dreamerofdreams_08_marie_128kb.mp3

- Eugenie
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hello Eugenie,
I proof listened. You read beautifully. It is missing a sentence but otherwise word perfect!
There are a few updates that need to be made to the recording:
1. Apply the Noise Cleaning effect.
2. Delete the knock at 0.40 and the knock at 3:18. Remove the clicks at 4:11
3. Insert the missing sentence at 0.45 "Eric lay now, stretched at the feet of the woman he could not leave. "
4. Add a few seconds of silence at the end so that it has 5 seconds.
A few other general things are there is a bit of "mouth noise" and it is on the amplification of the file is on loud side. Neither of these need correcting in this recording. They are just something to look out for in the future. All and all it is a great listen.

Thank you!
Amy :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
iloveyu

Post by iloveyu »

Hey there! I'll take chapter 1 if that's alright :)
Christina

I think of life as a good book. The more you get into it, the more it begins to make sense.
- Harold Kushner
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

It is yours, Christina.
Thanks!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
iloveyu

Post by iloveyu »

Christina

I think of life as a good book. The more you get into it, the more it begins to make sense.
- Harold Kushner
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Can I have Chapter 11 and 18?
euisme

Post by euisme »

alg1001 wrote:Hello Eugenie,
I proof listened. You read beautifully. It is missing a sentence but otherwise word perfect!
3. Insert the missing sentence at 0.45 "Eric lay now, stretched at the feet of the woman he could not leave. "
A few other general things are there is a bit of "mouth noise" and it is on the amplification of the file is on loud side. Neither of these need correcting in this recording. They are just something to look out for in the future. All and all it is a great listen.

Thank you!
Hi Amy,

Just wanted to confirm about point number 3, the missing sentence. I think the sentence you are referring to is the caption to the illustration which I think you said was not necessary to read. The same/similar sentence is within the text at 1:57. Please confirm whether the sentence needs to be added and I will fix it.

Also not sure why it's so loud, I used the ReplayGain to correct volume but I think it made it louder, maybe I am not using it correctly.

Thanks,
Eugenie
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

iloveyu wrote:Finished my part!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/dreamerofdreams_01_marie_128kb.mp3 @ 05:13

Thank you :D

I will PL soon, Christina.
Thanks for Section 1!
-Amy :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

larryhayes7 wrote:Can I have Chapter 11 and 18?
They are yours, Larry.
Thank you!
-Amy :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

euisme wrote:
alg1001 wrote:Hello Eugenie,

Thank you!
Hi Amy,

Just wanted to confirm about point number 3, the missing sentence. I think the sentence you are referring to is the caption to the illustration which I think you said was not necessary to read. The same/similar sentence is within the text at 1:57. Please confirm whether the sentence needs to be added and I will fix it.

Also not sure why it's so loud, I used the ReplayGain to correct volume but I think it made it louder, maybe I am not using it correctly.

Thanks,
Eugenie
Oh! I am sorry that I thought that was a missing sentence. I was reading along with a text version and did not realize that was the caption of the illustration. It does not need to be added to the recording.
Sometimes Replay Gain does make it too loud. I run them through MP3 Gain to see how loud files are and adjust them from there or make the adjustment in amplification needed to bring it to 89 db in the audacity file and then save it as a MP3 again.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

iloveyu wrote:Finished my part!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/dreamerofdreams_01_marie_128kb.mp3 @ 05:13

Thank you :D
Hi Christina,
It sounds like the recording may have been distorted due to heavy noise cleaning. Do you have the file before applying the noise cleaning? If you do, you could start with the unaltered file and give it a lower degree of noise cleaning to see if that helps.
Is there anything near you adding white noise? If you shut down or turn down anything that may be generating background noise before you record, less noise cleaning will be needed.
Other than that, the recording is fine. It is a nice reading.
Thanks,
Amy
Dabgar

Post by Dabgar »

Section:9
chapter:IX
username:dabgar would like to volunteer. :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Dabgar,
Welcome. Chapter 9 is yours.
Thanks,
Amy
euisme

Post by euisme »

Hi Amy,

Here is my edited file! @ 6:32 Chapter/Section 8. I also tried to remove most of the mouth noise.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/dreamerofdreams_08_marie_128kb.mp3
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Eugenie,
It is PL OK now. :thumbs:
Thank you!
Amy :D