COMPLETE - Rough Justice by Mary Elizabeth Braddon - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mamere

Post by mamere »

Chpt. 8 at 25:24.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/roughjustice_08_braddon_128kb.mp3

I will take the next three chpts. 11, 12 and 13.

Do you need chpt. 7 reloaded? It believe it was PL OK.

Mary Bell
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks, Mary. 11, 12 and 13 are all yours. Could you please reupload chapter 7 just in case?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
leena2015

Post by leena2015 »

Hi,

I have uploaded Chapter 9, but I may need to redo it. Half way through we had heavy rain, and I had to redo the second half. There is a noticeable difference in ambience from one to the other. The change is about 25 minutes in, so I could split it into two files and have a part 1 and a part 2, or redo the whole chapter. Let me know what you would like me to do.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/roughjustice_09_braddon_128kb.mp3

Duration 41:25:47

Leena :-)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you, Leena. Gail will let you know what to do. For one, I am not in favor of spliting at this stage because then we would have to change all the file names of the chapters after that (section 10 and onwards).
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Mary -

Chapter 8 is PL OK!!

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

leena2015 wrote:Hi,

I have uploaded Chapter 9, but I may need to redo it. Half way through we had heavy rain, and I had to redo the second half. There is a noticeable difference in ambience from one to the other. The change is about 25 minutes in, so I could split it into two files and have a part 1 and a part 2, or redo the whole chapter. Let me know what you would like me to do.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/roughjustice_09_braddon_128kb.mp3

Duration 41:25:47

Hi Leena -

Chapter 9 is PL OK!!

The change in ambience takes about 1 second to get used to, so I wouldn't re-record it unless you are not happy with it. I found it perfectly fine and have heard much bigger changes in Librivox recordings - quite common when someone has had to go back and change a phrase for example.

Looking forward to more sections (although I have pre-read the book!)

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
leena2015

Post by leena2015 »

Hi Gail,

Thanks for that. If I have time, I will go back to it when I finish chapter 10, but it's good to know I won't hold anything up in the meantime. It's a good story, draws you in. I admire PLers listening to chapters out of order as they come in, must get a bit frustrating at times.

mamere

Post by mamere »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

leena2015 wrote:Hi Gail,

Thanks for that. If I have time, I will go back to it when I finish chapter 10, but it's good to know I won't hold anything up in the meantime. It's a good story, draws you in. I admire PLers listening to chapters out of order as they come in, must get a bit frustrating at times.

Hi Leena -

I really don't think you need to go back to it - maybe Miss Stav can have a listen and tell us what she thinks - it is well read.

I try to read the book at the start, which I managed with this one. This one hasn't been so bad for Chapter order, but it is quite common for someone to come in and claim the first and last Chapters. That kinda spoils it.

I'll listen to Chapter 11 tomorrow.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
leena2015

Post by leena2015 »

Hi Gail,

Ok, thanks, I'll leave Ch9 unless I hear otherwise from Miss Stav.

Here is Chapter 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/roughjustice_10_braddon_128kb.mp3

Duration 23:43:20

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks, Leena. You can leave 9 as is. Would you like to continue with 14-16?
leena2015

Post by leena2015 »

Thanks Miss Stav, I will not take any more chapters just at the moment as I'm expecting some work to come in that will keep me pretty busy. I will be back when things calm down again.

mamere

Post by mamere »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks, Mary.