3:42:21
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

icequeen wrote:3:42:21
:shock: that much !

thanks. Cover is ready :9: I hope you all like it.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Yay! :clap: Thank you, Sonia, for inviting me over to help finish this. I had a lovely time recording these. :9:

If you want a thoroughly grammatically correct summary, I have made a few tweaks:
Published in 1914, this is a compilation of 107 poems by Thomas Hardy (1840-1928), who is probably better known as the author of such famous novels as <i>Tess of the d'Urbervilles</i> and <i>Far from the Madding Crowd</i>.

Similar to his novels, the underlying themes of the majority of the poems in this collection are death, departure and unfulfilled love, while the central piece is comprised of the 15 short "Satires of Circumstance," funny poems with a bittersweet touch.

The poems have been recorded by our trio of readers John Burlinson, Tomas Peter and Sonia. As an interesting touch, some poems can be considered short dramatic readings, and as such have been performed as dialogues.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:If you want a thoroughly grammatically correct summary, I have made a few tweaks:
thanks Tomas ! Luckily there was not that much wrong LOL And in the beginning I had "as" Tess, and later on changed it to "like", so I wouldn't have "as" twice in that sentence LOL I should have gone with my first gut feeling.

Ann, can we still change the blurb please ?

Sonia
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Changed!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/satires-of-circumstance-lyrics-and-reveries-with-miscellaneous-pieces-by-thomas-hardy/

Great job, Sonia, Tomas, John and linny! Thank you all so much! :clap: :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!