[COMPLETE]Satires of Circumstance-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Tomas !!! This is great. You must have been recording non-stop these last days. :lol:

Oh and I sneaked to hear the conversation at dawn, because I was really curious about that one. The man is really a nasty piece of shit can't say it any other way. :evil: Totally well done, also that you used another voice for the narrator. To my shame, I find, I have not been as good back then as I could have done it now :oops: Now I wish I also had waited before recording these bits. But the good thing is, listening back to such an old file, I finally notice that my performance and my accent (!) :shock: really have improved throughout the last year. Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it.

We're so close now :9:

Linny: in case you need someone to help you PL the solos, don't hesitate to ask, I can check those recorded by Tomas over the weekend. If you'd only check my own poems and the DRs, as I am in there as well and don't want to PL my own files.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so I got a PM from Linny and she is ok with it that I help out a bit with PLing Tomas' sections.

I just listened to the first 5 (44, 47, 51, 53 and 58) and all are PL ok and beautifully read, with so much emotion. :9: I especially loved The Voice and Your Last Drive. They were so sad, but beautiful.

Well done Tomas. :)

Now, time for bed. Will probably PL some more tomorrow.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

downloaded and listened to half a dozen more of Tomas' poems. :9: All PL ok (61, 64, 65, 70, 71 and 73).

Many of them are so full of gloom and doom, Hardy really must have been pining long and hard for a lost love of his. :( But very beautiful poems nonetheless, and read with so much feeling.

Thanks Tomas.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

I'm home and checking on all of my projects. Downloading now, PLing soon...
linny

Post by linny »

Sections 45, 68, 75, 76, 80, 81, 83, and 85 are all PL OK. :thumbs: Great job you two!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay Linny is back :9: thank you so much. I hope all is well in your corner *hug*

I can't believe we're so close to finishing this after all this time. 8-)

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Thanks for the hug. Certainly appreciated.

Sections 87, 89, 91, 93, 94, 95, 96, and 100 are all PL OK.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: only three left...you will have finished before Tomas logs in :9:

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Sections 101, 105, and 107 are PL OK. :clap:

Congratulations on completing this project. I'm sorry you had to wait a bit on me and a special thanks to Sonia for PLing some while I was away.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

*does the happy end*

we really finished this baby. Thank YOU Linny for being so fast today, and don't apologize. You were great.

And thanks Tomas for so helpfully stepping in and finishing your share in such a record time. And all of them so awesomely done :9:

This is really a great collection for the archive.

Now I need to finish my cover :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yikes, I just saw that the intro blurb is just a short wikipedia excerpt. I think we need something else. I came up with a few lines, if any of you native speakers could correct my English, so it's presentable for a cover, that would be great.
Published in 1914, this is a compilation of 107 poems by Thomas Hardy (1840-1928), who is probably better known as the author of such famous novels, like Tess of the d'Urbervilles or Far from the Madding Crowd.

Similar to his novels, the underlying theme of the majority of the poems in this collection is death, departure and unfulfilled love, while the central piece is comprised of the 15 short "Satires of Circumstance", funny poems, with a bitter-sweet touch.

The poems have been recorded by our trio of readers John Burlinson, Tomas Peter and Sonia. As an interesting touch, some poems can be considered short dramatic readings and as such have been performed as dialogues.
I this passes muster, could you please change the intro in the database later on, before archiving the project, Ann ? :)

Sonia
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

The new summary passes muster, so I will paste it into the project page. Thanks Sonia!

ETA: And, we are off to the catalog! :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay, thanks, Ann :) I only need the total length and then I can also finish the cover :9:

Sonia