comple[HISTORY] The Story of Old France by H. A. Guerber -ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

How will I know whether the chapter I read (33) and submitted was acceptable and that I need not re-do or edit it?
Russ Bruno
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Hello :)

If you look in the Magic Window, the scrolling window in the first post of the thread, you can check the "status" of your recording. Now it shows that section 33 is PL OK, which means that the recording was fine and needs no further modifications :clap: There will also be a post in the thread by the prooflistener, Jill in this project, where she posts whether sections as PL OK or whether there are any PL notes:
jillebean wrote:Sections 33, 34, and 35 are PL OK! :clap:

Jill :lol:
Kathrine
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Thanks, I will look there in the future. Why is my chapter the only one with no numbers under the heading "Notes" and what do the numbers mean?
Russ Bruno
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

The numbers are the duration of the recording (minutes:seconds). :) They are not there for your recording either because I forgot to put them in or because you forgot to give them to me (or I forgot to ask you to). We like to have the numbers there in the MW (magic window) because it helps us check that the project has been cataloged correctly when it is all done. But if you don't have it handy, I can check it myself later, before I catalog. :thumbs:
Kathrine
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

The total time for the recording was 9:19, including the intro stuff about it being in the public domain, etc. The time of the recording starting with the chapter itself including the brief terminal announcement that it was at the end, was 8:48. Which is the time I should use?
Russ Bruno
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

We use the time for the entire recording (including the intro about Librivox). :D Thank you, Shasta! I'll put the time into the MW when I get home later today
Kathrine
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Something seems odd about the MW, Katherine. I believe we should still have one section expected from OwenCook and for some reason there is no information for section 40, at least from what I'm seeing.

Jill
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

How strange! When I open the MW, section 41 shows claimed by OwenCook, and section 40 has title, reader, duration and link to listen. Does section 41 show up without reader and 40 with no information, or are these sections missing when you look at the MW?
Kathrine
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

It looks fine, now on my end, I'm seeing the same as you. I wonder if my computer was just loading it slowly and I didn't realize it. Sorry for the false alarm! :)

Jill
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Puh, good to hear! Thank you for checking :D
Kathrine
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Oh, crumbs! I forgot about uploading my final chapter. :oops:

Here it is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/oldfrance_41_guerber_128kb.mp3
The run time is 5:39.

Sorry about that, folks!

Let's do more H. A. Guerber things! I think she wrote about mythology as well, didn't she?

~~Owen
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you, Owen! MW is updated :)

Yes, she wrote on mythology as well, both Roman, Greek, Norse, and other stuff. A few of them have already been recorded for LibriVox, but that doesn't mean that you can't do a new version!
Kathrine
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Section 41 is PL OK! :clap:

Congrats all on a job well done! This is a wonderful book to have in the LV catalog.

Jill

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Wonderful! :clap:
Kathrine
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

And thank you guys for co-ordinating it. It's been so much fun to work on. :-)

~~Owen