COMPLETE What's Mine's Mine by George MacDonald -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

What's Mine's Mine by George MacDonald (1824 - 1905).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/whats-mines-mine-by-george-macdonald/
Set in the invigorating wilds 3of Scotland, clans are crumbling and emigrating as their homeland is bought out from under them. The characters quickly become your friends as you identify with and learn from their struggles and joys. Contrasts abound between true and false (or shallow) relationships, convictions, morals, and faith. ( HannahMary)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5969
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Volume [number], Chapter [number] of What's Mine's Mine. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • Say:
      "What's Mine's Mine, by George MacDonald. [Volume, Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Volume [number], Chapter [number] of What's Mine's Mine by George MacDonald. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • Say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Volume, Chapter]. Recording by [your name]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of What's Mine's Mine, by George MacDonald. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename whatsminesmine_##_macdonald_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. whatsminesmine_01_macdonald_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags (you can leave those blank!)
    Artist: George MacDonald
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: What's Mine's Mine

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Carolin
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by HannahMary on January 9th, 2018, 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

I'm getting this process started now as I hope to finish my other solo in a few weeks!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi hannah, i can mc this for you :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

youre all set!

i see the book is divided into 3 volumes. i think the simplest way to do this is to only put the titles of each chapter into the magic window
How Come They There?
A Short Glance over the Shoulder
The Girl's first Walk
etc etc

and add the volume and chapter in the intro
volume 1 chapter 1 of whats mines mine. this is a librivox recording...
volume 2 chapter 12 of whats mines mine...

that way you have an uncluttered magic window, but the listener can still follow the volumes :)
but i didnt modify the intros etc, because of course this is your solo and you can choose how you want to do this. just let me know!
Carolin
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Great! Thanks so much, Carolin!

I was going to be asking how I should deal with the volumes/chapters, so thanks for anticipating me. :D I'll work on the MW when I can!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

The MW should be ready to go, and I have the first post updated with intro/outro details.

I think I also have a DPL who wants this project! Just need to finalize that, and I'll have them post here.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

moving us out to going solo!
Carolin
OriginalElsa

Post by OriginalElsa »

I'm the DPL Hannah mentioned. Can I have access to the MW?

~Elsa
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

OriginalElsa wrote:I'm the DPL Hannah mentioned. Can I have access to the MW?

~Elsa
Welcome, Elsa!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi elsa, welcome to librivox!

i can give you access to the magic window if you let me know under which name or pseudonym you would like to be credited as dpl. we can also link to your personal website or blog.

please also read the guide for proof listeners: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners and make sure you have understood it all :) if you have any questions just ask!
Carolin
OriginalElsa

Post by OriginalElsa »

Thank you, Carolin! I will go by OriginalElsa. My blog is http://reachingtotheskies.blogspot.com. I will thoroughly read over the guide soon.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you elsa. magic window access is granted.

please have a look at this guide on how to edit the magic window: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window
this guide is meant for soloists, so hannah will do all of this, but it gives you a good idea how the magic window works :)
Carolin
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Progress report:
I'm getting closer to starting recording! My other solo is all recorded. Just have to edit and post the last few chapters, then finish three other chapters I've reserved. Then I'll begin!

EDITED June 14th:
Almost there! My other recordings are done. Just a bit of editing left. But now I am starting to dig into this book!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

~ Hannah
Readers needed for: