COMPLETE What's Mine's Mine by George MacDonald -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:clap:
Carolin
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Just so you don't worry, Carolin, I am in touch with my DPL off the thread, so we know when and why each other isn't able to respond quickly to posts. :)
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Hi Carolin,
OriginalElsa has decided that now is not a good time for her to do this DPL work, so would you be able to switch that position out to bethesdalily? (Her profile page is memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16594). We have been in contact off the thread, and she has agreed to DPL this book for me.
Thanks!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Sorry for not replying in the thread,

I had signed bethesdaily up as dpl right when you posted, shes had mw access already :)
Carolin
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Thanks so much for giving me access, Carolin. Hannah, I hope to PL very soon--within the next few days. At the moment, I'm literally knee-deep in boxes, having decided that August ought to be Storage Cleanup Month!
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks Carolin! Sorry, I should have looked at the MW before checking in with you again.

Wow, good cleaning goal, Bethesda Lily! I hope there is refreshment and joy in that task.

Just one note on PL-ing. You will hear a background "thump" at one point (I think in section 3) that I decided not to re-record. I'll just try to keep a sharper ear out as I am recording in future.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Section 4 is ready for PL. Time 11:28
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/whatsminesmine_04_macdonald_128kb.mp3
I had to sit for this recording, so you may hear a couple faint creaks of my stool that I couldn't edit out.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Thanks, Hannah! Good to know about the creaks--I'm sure they won't detract from your reading in the slightest. You said you had to sit for this recording; do you usually stand? I know that many readers here do, but I always sit in a comfortable recliner to read--it seems to keep the book more stationary. Anyway, I hope to get to these chapters soon; I've finally finished my weeks'-long organization projects, and if all goes according to plan, I'll have myself a PL party tomorrow morning to celebrate. However, I have a good eleven chapters from other projects, so who knows...
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Hannah, Chapter I is not only PL OK, but absolutely beautiful! It is a joy to PL for you, and the book sounds fascinating. As I said, this will be my first exposure to George MacDonald, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Bethesda Lily

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks for the encouragement, Bethesda Lily. Hope you enjoy the story as it develops!

Yes, I stand for recording when I'm strong enough. It helps me breathe better and keep my voice more engaged. But the following chapter was also recorded sitting. I think I got the stool creaks out this time, but there are a few low, dull thuds that have me puzzled. I'll see if I can find their source to avoid in future recording sessions.

Section 5 is ready for PL at 19 minutes and 28 seconds.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/whatsminesmine_05_macdonald_128kb.mp3
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi guys,

im not sure if there was any progress in this project within the last month, if so, that will have been lost :(

please reupload all files that disappeared from the magic window and reenter them.

also, may i ask you both to check any group projects you may have been involved in within the last month to make sure everything is in order there?

thank you!
Carolin
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks for checking, Carolin. So far I've been working to get my part of group projects back on track since the crash. I think this solo only lost one upload ready for PL, which I still have on my computer. I'll get that back up!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

~ Hannah
Readers needed for: