COMPLETE [Dram Read] Under the Lilacs by L. M. Alcott-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Elizabby wrote:Yes please do! :thumbs: It makes the editing easier if you leave 2-3 seconds space for other lines to be inserted. More space is better - it can always be cut, but slicing between close together phrases is much more difficult.
OK, sounds good - thank you!
If I may, I would like to start by doing one chapter, then having it PL'd before I go on to the rest, just to be sure I'm doing it right. 8-)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

That sounds just fine! I'll PL it myself if no one has yet stepped up as DPL. :) Thanks, Christine!
zwergwolf

Post by zwergwolf »

I can DPL this if you like me to :)
Gaby

Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again - C.S. Lewis -
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

That would be GREAT!! :D Thanks so much!!

Is this your first time being a DPL? If so, here's the guide for PLing: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners

You also won't have a password yet to get into the Magic Window. To get one, click on "BC Admin" under the Magic Window. Then click on "Forgot password." Type in your username, like it asks, and the system will send you an email which allows you to make a password. You can use this password to get into any Magic Window you're working on from then on.

As DPL, you'll get into the Magic Window and mark what you listened to as "PL OK" or that the reader you listened to needs to "See PL Notes."
Instructions for the Magic Window are available once you sign into it. On the "LibriVox Management Dashboard" page, click "Help" at the top.

Thanks, again!! And I'll PL some things, too, here and there, so I know how things are going.
zwergwolf

Post by zwergwolf »

Will be the first time (D)PLing (I have signed up as a DPL on another small project) but I've read the wiki and the posts about how to PL. I like to learn more about how it works in here and the summary of the story sounds interesting.

Short and great instructions, thank you! I have a password now. Looks well-arranged and self-explanatory.
I'll come back to you if it's not working as it should be but... I'm more a learning-by-doing-person :)
Gaby

Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again - C.S. Lewis -
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Sounds good! :)
Yes, the more you actually do it, the easier it gets. But if you have any questions, just let me know! :)
And I hope you like the story! It's one of my favorites. :9:
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

OK - here's chapter 1 - please let me know if it sounds OK! thanks! 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/underthelilacs_01_narrator.mp3
17 minutes 36.787 seconds / 16.51 KB
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Oooh, yay! Could I have SuperCoconut (my little sister) read Betty and maybe the Kitten as well? I'm not sure who I should read, Bab might be fun, but if you have another suggestion I'd be happy to hear it :D

Thanks!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Bab, by far, has more lines than any other female role (besides Miss Celia). Personally, I think she'd be fun to record, and I'm sure you'd do an awesome job with her! :mrgreen:
So, I'd recommend Bab, but you could also choose Randa the maid, the teacher, or any of the female school children (--they're anyone without "Mrs." or "Aunt" in front of their name).

And thanks to SuperCoconut!! :D I hope she has lots of fun reading for Betty and the Kitten! :thumbs:
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Zwergwolf added as DPL. Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing the MW.

MaryAnn
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you! :)
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Can I read Voice 2? Is the part for that highlighted a certain way in the Google docs? (As in, I won't have to try to figure out which voice reads what?) Thanks! I just read this book today for the first time after seeing that you posted this and I very much enjoyed it! Thanks for introducing me to a new book! :)
Adele

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

May I please read Sancho? I can't really tell what is gender specific in the MW. Is it OK? He is a boy dog... ;)
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:Can I read Voice 2? Is the part for that highlighted a certain way in the Google docs? (As in, I won't have to try to figure out which voice reads what?) Thanks! I just read this book today for the first time after seeing that you posted this and I very much enjoyed it! Thanks for introducing me to a new book! :)
Yes, that would be wonderful, Adele!! :) Yes, Voice 2 is highlighted the same way throughout the story, and is a different color than the other "Voices." The lines that are multi-colored are for everyone specified to read (--the entire line/lines).

Yeah, isn't it awesome? :9: My great aunt was the one who introduced me to it; she liked it, too! :wink:
EstherbenSimonides wrote:May I please read Sancho? I can't really tell what is gender specific in the MW. Is it OK? He is a boy dog... ;)
Yes, that would be great, Esther!! Thank you very much! I only ended up making Mr. Brown and Mr. George gender specific. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

stoogeswoman wrote:OK - here's chapter 1 - please let me know if it sounds OK! thanks! 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/underthelilacs_01_narrator.mp3
17 minutes 36.787 seconds / 16.51 KB
That was GREAT!! Beautiful reading! :9: And good spacing in between lines. :thumbs:

Just one PL note:
Missing line @ 16:55: "and Bab stopped short in the arch..."

But that's all! :) Thank you!