COMPLETE [Dram Read] Under the Lilacs by L. M. Alcott-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

The volume should be fixed on Bab's and Betty's files now :)
Twinkle88 wrote:Haha, I wonder what your neighbors are doing over there! :wink:
I'm positive that they heard that their neighbor was working on a big Librivox project and decided to turn on their Making-Noise-To-Stop-Christine-From-Recording Machine. <insert very serious smiley> What shall be done to remedy this great injustice?
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you, Rachel! :)

Well, we'll just have to get all the LibriVox volunteers from all time, and make a 36 hour-long audiobook of all of us screaming or yelling or making some other loud/obnoxious noise (or just have everyone send in a recording of their favorite book). We'll overlap these thousands of tracks and Christine can play it in her house (volume turned up) to combat the noise. And she's not turning it off until they destroy their awful machine!! We've got your back, Christine! We can DO this! :twisted: :wink:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Brilliant!! :clap: Chapters 7 and 8 are PL OK!

Just a note, and I really hate to say it since I'm the one who gave you the instructions for this ( :lol: ), but I think you may have too much noise reduction applied and its distorting your voice a little bit. What settings are you using in the Noise Reduction window? Maybe they could be toned down some. I guess it's best to leave a little background noise, and it seems like a lot of people prefer it to absolute silence. Personally, I like to try to quiet the background noise as much as possible without noticeably distorting the recording. (And, really, most of the no-speaking periods get cut out during editing anyway.)
jooell

Post by jooell »

I'd like to read Giacomo. It sounds interesting.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

That would be great!! Thank you! :clap: :clap:

What would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Giacomo, read by..." It can be your forum name, your real name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like to have a link to a personal website or blog included on your catalog page, just let us know. :)

Thanks again!!
jooell

Post by jooell »

Twinkle88 wrote:That would be great!! Thank you! :clap: :clap:

What would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Giacomo, read by..." It can be your forum name, your real name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like to have a link to a personal website or blog included on your catalog page, just let us know. :)

Thanks again!!
I´d like Edgard Coronado as my catalog name and here are Giacomo's lines

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/underthelilacs_15_giacomo.mp3 1:32
OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 »

I think I'll take Voice 3, Twinkle. What do you think?
-------oOOo--oo------Oo----------

\
(
9<
/) )
_L___§___\|/__§______\|/_____§_______§§_
"For want of a bird / The sky was lost" -- Tom Waits
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Wonderful!! I couldn't be more tickled! :wink: Thank you so much!!

What would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Voice 3, read by..." It can be your forum name, your real name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know.

And if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

jooell wrote:I´d like Edgard Coronado as my catalog name and here are Giacomo's lines

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/underthelilacs_15_giacomo.mp3 1:32
Wow, that was fast!! Thank you, Edgard! :clap: We'll get this proof-listened soon!
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Twinkle88 wrote:Well, we'll just have to get all the LibriVox volunteers from all time, and make a 36 hour-long audiobook of all of us screaming or yelling or making some other loud/obnoxious noise (or just have everyone send in a recording of their favorite book). We'll overlap these thousands of tracks and Christine can play it in her house (volume turned up) to combat the noise. And she's not turning it off until they destroy their awful machine!! We've got your back, Christine! We can DO this! :twisted: :wink:
I love that idea! We'll also have to include all the coughing and wheezing currently going on in my household ... all the dust being stirred up next door is getting into our lungs - not fun!! But we'll get through it! :P
OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 »

Twinkle88 wrote:Wonderful!! I couldn't be more tickled! :wink: Thank you so much!!

What would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Voice 3, read by..." It can be your forum name, your real name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know.

And if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask! :)
I did a short text (a few minutes only) and it got the OK! :clap: (sorry it doesn't belong really to this thread...) I've downloaded the relevant chapters and I'll get to them soon!

\
(
9<
/) )
OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 »

I did chapter 1 Voice 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/underthelilacs_01_voice3.mp3

Just want to be sure that I'm doing things right before going ahead. :)

\
(
9<
/) )
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Yes, this is PL OK! :thumbs: Thank you, Lilith!

Just a note, for your future recordings, you may want to add five seconds of silence at the end. If I'm not mistaken, this is because sometimes people's recordings get cut off at the very end, so that way none of the words get cut out.

But very lovely reading! It sounded great! :D
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

OK, I was able to get through a chapter today (18):

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/underthelilacs_18_narrator.mp3
(sorry, I forgot to write down the KB info when I uploaded it :oops: , but it's 13 minutes 43.333 seconds

hopefully both the noise outside the house, and the wheezing inside my chest, aren't too noticeable!! 8-)
OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 »

Twinkle88 wrote:Yes, this is PL OK! :thumbs: Thank you, Lilith!

Just a note, for your future recordings, you may want to add five seconds of silence at the end. If I'm not mistaken, this is because sometimes people's recordings get cut off at the very end, so that way none of the words get cut out.

But very lovely reading! It sounded great! :D
Oops.... sorry Twinkle, forgot about that. :( I bet I'll be doing all those things automatically soon! Promise to check better! :)

\
(
9<
/) )