COMPLETE Shakespeare Monologues vol. 13 -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » May 2nd, 2016, 2:47 am

hi and welcome to librivox!

both of you are welcome to take part in this project. please remember that you must complete the one minute test before getting started on the monologues. recordings with incorrect technical settings cannot be accepted.

times, i dont understand your question. could you please clarify what you mean before i sign you up?

shinelikesunbeam, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you would like to be credited in the catalog.

thank you both :)
Carolin

shinelikesunbeam

Post by shinelikesunbeam » May 2nd, 2016, 8:39 am

Carolin wrote:hi and welcome to librivox!

both of you are welcome to take part in this project. please remember that you must complete the one minute test before getting started on the monologues. recordings with incorrect technical settings cannot be accepted.

times, i dont understand your question. could you please clarify what you mean before i sign you up?

shinelikesunbeam, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you would like to be credited in the catalog.

thank you both :)

Hi Carolin,
I'd like to use dchen as my pseudonym.
Sorry for the confusion, it's my first time recording.
Thank you.

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » May 2nd, 2016, 10:03 am

thanks! i have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here: https://librivox.org/reader/10843

dont forget to submit and get the OK on your one minute test before getting started on the soliloquies!
Carolin

Times

Post by Times » May 3rd, 2016, 12:22 am

What I meant to say was: I would like to claim the part as the Spanish Juliet and I was inquiring whether or not you are doing an English version of the play and if so I would also like the claim the English version as well.

My apologies, I was very excited about the project when I posted. I hope this clears up my intention. :)

Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 » May 3rd, 2016, 1:33 am

Hi, Times.
This is not a project for Spanish-language "Romeo and Juliet" (or any other play). This is a project where you can read a monologue that you've selected from one of the Shakespeare plays, read it all by yourself. You're of course free to select a monologue from Romeo and Juliet.

If you'd like to suggest a Spanish (or English) version of "Romeo and Juliet", go to the Book Suggestion section and post a suggestion there. You will need to make sure that you have access to the text that is not protected by copyright. (However, as far as I'm aware plays in languages other than English are rarely completed because you need many readers to form a complete cast).

@Carolin
I hope you don't mind that I jumped in like that.
Also, I'll try searching for anoter Polish monologue.
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » May 3rd, 2016, 1:42 am

hi times, you can read a monologue for this project and you can select it yourself. all languages are welcome, but please post the text of it here first so that i can verify the copyright status of the text.

if you want to participate in a play, please go over to readers wanted: dramatic works.

if you want to read spanish works, head over to readers wanted: languages other than english.

before doing that though, i recommend you start with a one minute test. that way, you will begin your librivox journey with the right technical settings.
Carolin

Times

Post by Times » May 3rd, 2016, 12:22 pm

Carolin wrote:hi times, you can read a monologue for this project and you can select it yourself. all languages are welcome, but please post the text of it here first so that i can verify the copyright status of the text.

if you want to participate in a play, please go over to readers wanted: dramatic works.

if you want to read spanish works, head over to readers wanted: languages other than english.

before doing that though, i recommend you start with a one minute test. that way, you will begin your librivox journey with the right technical settings.
Thank you very much for your help! I have posted my one minute test. The monologues I wish to claim are the following:
Romeo and Juliet – Juliet- O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou
Romeo and Juliet –Juliet- ‘Tis but thy name that is my enemy
Romeo and Juliet – Juliet - Thou knowest the mask of night is on my face
Romeo and Juliet – Juliet - Gallop apace, you fiery-footed steeds

Romeo y Julieta- Julieta –( Escena II pg 240-241) Romeo, Romeo Por que eres tu Romeo?
Romeo y Julieta – Julieta – (Escena II pg 244) Solo te dire dos palabras
Romeo Y Julieta – Julieta (Acto III pg 276) Y como he de decir mal de quien es mi esposo

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » May 4th, 2016, 3:08 am

hi times,

i see you have posted your one minute test :thumbs: but there is still work to do on it, and please make sure this is all in perfect order before getting started on anything else.

please only claim one or at most two monologues at a time. it is best to practise slowly, especially if your test recording had issues that you might still have to watch in future recordings.

i can sign you up as soon as you tell me which one or two monologues you want to do first. (john, if this comes in after tonight, times' catalog name was in a previous post).

thank you!
Carolin

muxlow

Post by muxlow » May 4th, 2016, 5:15 am

Hi

I realise it's not in the window but would it be possible to claim

Hamlet to be or not to be that is the question

Cheers

Muxlow

Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 » May 4th, 2016, 12:29 pm

I'd like to record a Polish translation of the "To be or not to be" monologue.
Hamlet - Act 3 scene 1
Monologue title in Polish: "Być albo nie być, oto jest pytanie"
Sorce text: https://polona.pl/item/862804/37/
Published: 1895
Translator: Leon Ulrich (1811-1885)
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS

Lilymarie

Post by Lilymarie » May 5th, 2016, 12:22 pm

Hello, Carolin!

I'm new here, but I love Shakespeare! :)
Could I record in the open sections 14 and 15:

Hamlet - Hamlet - 'Look here upon this picture and on this'

The Merchant of Venice - Portia- 'The quality of mercy is not strain'd'

In English by me: Lily Marie.

Thank you!

Lily Marie
-Lily Marie
Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.
Psalm 118:1 :)

jburlinson

Post by jburlinson » May 5th, 2016, 2:23 pm

Lilymarie wrote:Hello, Carolin!

Thank you!

Lily Marie
Hi, Lily. Carolin is away for a little while, so I'm monitorinig this thread while she's gone.

Thanks for claiming. I'll hold slots open for you. I need to know what you want to be called. It looks like your "display name" is Lilymarie. What do you want your official catalog name to be? It can be the same -- or you can use any other name you wish. For example, my display name is jburlinson, but my official catalog name is John Burlinson.

Also, do you have a personal website you'd like to have the catalog link to? If so, let me know the url and I'll add the link.

Thanks again. Looking forward to hearing your speeches.
John Burlinson

jburlinson

Post by jburlinson » May 5th, 2016, 2:32 pm

Piotrek81 wrote:I'd like to record a Polish translation of the "To be or not to be" monologue.
Hamlet - Act 3 scene 1
Monologue title in Polish: "Być albo nie być, oto jest pytanie"
Sorce text: https://polona.pl/item/862804/37/
Published: 1895
Translator: Leon Ulrich (1811-1885)
OK. You're in the MW. Looking forward to your speech.

Thanks.
John Burlinson

Lilymarie

Post by Lilymarie » May 5th, 2016, 3:13 pm

jburlinson wrote:
Lilymarie wrote:Hello, Carolin!

Thank you!

Lily Marie
Hi, Lily. Carolin is away for a little while, so I'm monitorinig this thread while she's gone.

Thanks for claiming. I'll hold slots open for you. I need to know what you want to be called. It looks like your "display name" is Lilymarie. What do you want your official catalog name to be? It can be the same -- or you can use any other name you wish. For example, my display name is jburlinson, but my official catalog name is John Burlinson.

Also, do you have a personal website you'd like to have the catalog link to? If so, let me know the url and I'll add the link.

Thanks again. Looking forward to hearing your speeches.
Nice to meet you, John!

I would like Lily Marie to be my official catalog name if that is okay! I do not have a website that I would like to have a link to right now.

Thank you!
-Lily Marie
Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.
Psalm 118:1 :)

mongope

Post by mongope » May 5th, 2016, 5:26 pm

Hola! No sé inglés. No entiendo bien cómo funciona este proyecto.
Me gustaría colaborar con una sección en "catalán". ¿Puede ser, el capítulo II de "El mercader de Venecia"?
Belmont. A casa de Porcia.
Montse