[Complete]The Crook in the Lot by Thomas Boston- lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

1 PL OK!
cdbunnsr

Post by cdbunnsr »

Just checking in. Some unexpected things have taken me away from this lately (plus I recorded a section that I fouled up somehow technically and have to do over), but I should be submitting another section soon and more frequently after that. Thank you for your patience.
CB
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks for checking in CB.
MaryAnn
cdbunnsr

Post by cdbunnsr »

Here's section 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crookinthelot_02_boston_128kb.mp3
31m, 53s.
Still learning the ropes. Thanks for your patience.
Chris B
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

2 PL OK.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Note: On October 14th, our servers were reset to September 15th, 2016 because of a software failure. I have confirmed that no posts or uploads on this project were affected by the outage.
cdbunnsr

Post by cdbunnsr »

Just checking in to let you know I am working on this. I've recorded section 3 (a pretty long one) three times now and have either not been satisfied with it or this last time had a settings problem that made the whole recording unsuitable. Disappointing, but the increasing familiarity with the section is making it easier and better every time, if there is an upside. Thank you for your patience, if I still have it. I haven't abandoned the project - just having a hard time with this section particularly.
CB
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks for the update CB. You can always skip that one and come back to it later.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Reader has not been on the forums since October 25, 2016. I'm moving this project to "on hold" and sending a PM to the reader.

If no sections are submitted by April 26 (2 months from now, and 8 months from when the reader last submitted a section), then the project will be "abandoned." That means the files already submitted will be put in a holding area and the project will be listed for someone else to take it over and complete it, either as a solo or as a group project.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Abandoned April 20, 2017, files moved from my folder to "abandoned/crookinthelot"
MaryAnn
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Project re-opened 3/8/18
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Lynne. I like this book a lot, I think, just from skimming through it, and I'm happy to re-open it as a group project. I think I will extend an offer to Dave to see if he'd like to continue as DPL. If not, I may want to DPL myself, but I'm not sure.

Is there anything else you need from me to get this completely up and running again?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

mightyfelix wrote: March 8th, 2018, 7:21 pm Thanks, Lynne. I like this book a lot, I think, just from skimming through it, and I'm happy to re-open it as a group project. I think I will extend an offer to Dave to see if he'd like to continue as DPL. If not, I may want to DPL myself, but I'm not sure.

Is there anything else you need from me to get this completely up and running again?
I think it's OK as it is (it's the first time I've re-opened an abandoned project, so let me know if there's anything missing!)
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Ready and willing to continue as DPL.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Just a note, in case you didn't know: it's considered 'good form' to include chapters already recorded in the group project (unless they are terrible, which I'm assuming is not the case here as Dave OK'd them)