[COMPLETE]A Cruising Voyage Around the World/W Rogers - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JimRowland

Post by JimRowland »

Hi. I think that I got the revised edition of section #1 uploaded here ( but I'm not sure because of the crazy looking reference #):
I showed a time duration of 53:55.79 minutes

[{"name":"cruisingvoyage_01_rogers_128kb.mp3","size":50559.86,"type":"audio\/mpeg","url":".\/uploads\/kathrinee\/cruisingvoyage_01_rogers_128kb.mp3","delete_url":"https:\/\/librivox.org\/uploads\/kathrinee\/cruisingvoyage_01_rogers_128kb.mp3","delete_type":"DELETE"}]

I don't know what to do with this. Is it right? If it didn't come through or something, let me know.
I apologize for taking so long for the revision, but I had a difficult time trying to recreate the general ambiance of my recording space. Something I'll have to work on for the future.

Like to give a shout out to David for his PL skills on this read. Thanks, man! I'm really sorry that you had to do anything at all. I should have been more professional with the recording from the outset. So thanks for all the catches!

Thank you, also, for the opportunity to record for this book.

Jim
carteki

Post by carteki »

Thank you Jim. it did upload. The other way to test is to download the file and check one of the changes.
Would you like to sign up for another section. There's not a huge rush on this one.
I'll leave David to spot PL.

Kim
JimRowland

Post by JimRowland »

Hi, Kim. I'm glad it went through. I should have mentioned that because of the way I treated the revision PL likely will not be able to just return to the reference points mentioned. I don't know exactly how that side of things works, though I wouldn't mind learning how sometime.
I suppose that I should,also, mention that I did NOT change the referenced "epoch" as "epic" during my revision. I would speak it that way myself, it's contextual. I feel that the pronunciation is okay as is, though not the more British "ee-pok", it should suffice, right? Then throughout the changes I matched the revised text sound to the original as best I could. Hope it''s okay.
With regards to another section, if you're not in a great hurry, I would like to go ahead and finish out the introduction, which is section 2. Would that be okay? I know it's another fairly long section, but I learned a lot by doing the last one that I feel will help me throughout the process with this one.

...and as always, Thank You for the opportunity to record for this book.

Jim
carteki

Post by carteki »

Hi Jim,
David will get back to you when he's done the spot-pl with feedback. It is difficult to come back after a while.
I'll assign S2.
Kim
SamuiSam

Post by SamuiSam »

Hi:
Sorry for the delay. I have completed the spot check and unfortunately there are still a few issues as follows;

24:06 Text reads "...Latitude 61 degrees 53 minutes." Reader says "Latitude 61 degrees, 53 feet rather than degrees. This is an odd error and was noted the first time I reviewed the reading so I hope I am reviewing the correct reading this time around.

25:59 Text reads "...sent forward to reconnoitre". reader mispronounces reconnoitre. I feel this error is serious enough to warrant a review by the reader.

26:09 Text reads "...late master of the Cinque Ports". Reader mispronounces Cinque. In theory it should be pronounced as in the French for five.

51:35 Text reads "...their voyage was epoch making". Reader says "...their voyage was epic making". I feel this error is serious enough to warrant a review by the reader.

That's it. Overall a pretty good job for such a long reading.

Thanks

David
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

May I have sections 3, 4, 5, 7 & 9?
carteki

Post by carteki »

Yes. Assigned.

If you would prefer to record the longer sections in 2 parts for PL purposes (so pl is done more quickly) and then edit them together afterwards - I'm okay with that.

Thank you
Kim
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

carteki

Post by carteki »

Thank you.
carteki

Post by carteki »

Nicely read. Thank you.

PL Notes Section 3:
12m32 - duplicate phrase "most of us..."
13m21 - duplicate phrase "and having agreed ..."

2 Perfection Comments ...
34m39 - I think the word is spoken "stripped", not "striped"
At the end can you insert a little longer break before "end of section 3".

Thank you.
Kim
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

carteki

Post by carteki »

PL OK. Note the timing is 45m04.
Thank you.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

carteki

Post by carteki »

Thank you. I'll PL this week.
Kim
carteki

Post by carteki »

S 4 PL notes:
9m10s - duplicate phrase
from 6m02s - please can you change the abbreviation l. into pounds (it's just that para, but quite a few instances) also 22m41s; 34m36s

Perfection comment...
20m53 - "Broke" - sounds like brook

Thank you and nicely read.
Kim