[Complete] Stories Worth Rereading by Various authors - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
clupher

Post by clupher »

It looks like there's one story left here. May I read #97 -- The Man Who Died for Me?
Christi Lupher
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

clupher wrote:It looks like there's one story left here. May I read #97 -- The Man Who Died for Me?
Thank you, Christi, looking forward to it!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
likefood

Post by likefood »

After editing, I was listening through, and I noticed that--in addition to changing "whenever" to "wherever"--there are about two minutes' worth that I need to completely re-record because of a train horn in the background. :(
- Daniel
老黄
L.P.H.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

likefood wrote:After editing, I was listening through, and I noticed that--in addition to changing "whenever" to "wherever"--there are about two minutes' worth that I need to completely re-record because of a train horn in the background. :(
That's not necessarily a problem... things like that only need to be corrected if they make the listener jump out of his skin. If you hadn't noticed it before, that's probably not the case here 8-) Listeners have commented they like the sound of 'real life' in the background (the occasional dog barking etc.) as it makes them feel they are in the room with the reader and that 'perfect' recordings sound too clinical.
Of course, if you're a perfectionist and it will keep you awake at night, go ahead and fix it :mrgreen:
likefood

Post by likefood »

Lynnet wrote:
likefood wrote:After editing, I was listening through, and I noticed that--in addition to changing "whenever" to "wherever"--there are about two minutes' worth that I need to completely re-record because of a train horn in the background. :(
That's not necessarily a problem... things like that only need to be corrected if they make the listener jump out of his skin. If you hadn't noticed it before, that's probably not the case here 8-) Listeners have commented they like the sound of 'real life' in the background (the occasional dog barking etc.) as it makes them feel they are in the room with the reader and that 'perfect' recordings sound too clinical.
Of course, if you're a perfectionist and it will keep you awake at night, go ahead and fix it :mrgreen:
Thanks for the advice!
- Daniel
老黄
L.P.H.
clupher

Post by clupher »

Christi Lupher
likefood

Post by likefood »

Lynnet wrote:
I'll leave the faint passing train horn in the background, but there are five words I need to correct, and then I'll finally get this uploaded. :)
- Daniel
老黄
L.P.H.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.97 PL OK :thumbs:
Nice voicework, Christi!
clupher

Post by clupher »

Thanks! :)
Christi Lupher
likefood

Post by likefood »

I finally got some quiet time, and I finished! Checker passed, no clipping. I don't have any tender feelings to hurt, so by all means if the singing parts don't sound good, please let me know, and I'll re-record them as just speaking.

Duration is 17:03
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesworthrereading_91_various_128kb.mp3
- Daniel
老黄
L.P.H.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

likefood wrote:I finally got some quiet time, and I finished! Checker passed, no clipping. I don't have any tender feelings to hurt, so by all means if the singing parts don't sound good, please let me know, and I'll re-record them as just speaking.

Duration is 17:03
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesworthrereading_91_various_128kb.mp3
Thank you, Daniel, for the wonderful final accord (pun intended!). Your singing is most enjoyable! PL more than OK :thumbs:
likefood

Post by likefood »

karlkuzmich wrote:Thank you, Daniel, for the wonderful final accord (pun intended!). Your singing is most enjoyable! PL more than OK :thumbs:
Thanks! Glad I could help this one get closer to being finished.
- Daniel
老黄
L.P.H.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/stories-worth-rereading-by-various/
SirVive

Post by SirVive »

Yay! :clap: Been away for a while but decided to come see if this was done yet - looking forward to listening! Sorry I wasn't able to be more help :-( Still listening to a back log of books I had downloaded a while ago - the latest was The Surprising Adventures of Bampfylde Moore Carew - a fascinating book ... as are so many here :-) Thanks for all your hard work!