Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DianeMarie wrote:I would like to claim section 6, Rip van Winkle
Diane
Thank you for claiming.
Dmuck

Post by Dmuck »

Could I have Section 13, Growing-up-like-one-who-has-a-grandmother ?

-dmuck.

I'm new, I might mess up terribly.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Dmuck wrote:Could I have Section 13, Growing-up-like-one-who-has-a-grandmother ?

-dmuck.

I'm new, I might mess up terribly.
Hi and welcome to Librivox.
Don't worry, we were all new once :D and unless you have done a lot of voice recording work, there is quite a steep learning curve, but most of us come out of it intact :lol: It looks like you got your one minute test ok'd on the first try, so you're starting from a good place.
I can reserve section 13 for you, but in order to make it "official", you need to be entered in the catalog. I can do that for you, but I need to know how you wish to appear. Most of us use our real names but a pseudonym or your forum name will work too. We can also link to a personal website or blog if you have one.
As far as recording goes, be sure to read the first post carefully. All the information you need is there - so that tells you what to say at the beginning of your chapter and what to say at the end, and how much silence to leave. If you run into problems, ask! You can also look in the wiki (guide at the top of the page) - and if you use 'video ' as your search criteria, you will be shown a list of YouTube videos made by one of our admins on just about any difficulty you're having (and if there isn't one, p.m.him and he'll make one with the proviso you allow him to publish it... He did that for me when I was new!)

One thing I would say is you will mess up... Everyone does (even professionals, although probably less often). I find it best to just keep recording, but go back and reread the phrase or sentence that gave me problems - often multiple times - and then edit out the flubs at the end. Just don't expect to get it all in one perfect take or you'll just get frustrated. Oh yes, and remember this is FUN!
Lynne
SheriElizabeth

Post by SheriElizabeth »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

SheriElizabeth wrote:All done! Let me know what you think...
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/strangestorybook_02_lang_128kb.mp3
Thank you. Pattiemarie will listen and give you feedback. Just one thing: how long is the file, please (in mm:ss)?
SheriElizabeth

Post by SheriElizabeth »

Lynnet wrote: Just one thing: how long is the file, please (in mm:ss)?
It's 6:49
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 2 is PL OK.
Pattymarie
SheriElizabeth

Post by SheriElizabeth »

Can I claim section 5, The Good Sir James? It's a cute story...
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

SheriElizabeth wrote:Can I claim section 5, The Good Sir James? It's a cute story...
It's yours!
SuperGlump

Post by SuperGlump »

Could I claim chapter 3? I just posted my 1 minute test (though I haven't gotten feedback on it yet)

I'd want to appear in the catalog as Chris Carey.

Thanks!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

SuperGlump wrote:Could I claim chapter 3? I just posted my 1 minute test (though I haven't gotten feedback on it yet)

I'd want to appear in the catalog as Chris Carey.

Thanks!
Welcome to librivox!
I have added you to the catalog and assigned you section 3. Once you have the OK on your test, you are ready to record. Please be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if you have questions, just ask!
Lynne
susnbell

Post by susnbell »

Could I claim 15, 16, and 17? I am completing for a college course so turnover will be pretty quick!

I'd like to appear as Susan Bell. Thanks so much for organizing,

Susan
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

susnbell wrote:Could I claim 15, 16, and 17? I am completing for a college course so turnover will be pretty quick!

I'd like to appear as Susan Bell. Thanks so much for organizing,

Susan
Hi Susan and welcome to Librivox!
I can certainly assign those chapters to you but before you get started we ask all new readers to complete a one minute test to ensure their recording setup meets with Librivox requirements. If not, you'll be given tips on how to change things. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
I will enter you in the catalog.
Lastly, all the information you need for recording is in the first post, but if you have questions, please ask.
Lynne
SRJ7892

Post by SRJ7892 »

Hello Lynnet,

Here is the link to The Strange Story Book by Mrs. Lang (Chapter 9, The Beaver and the Porcupine).
10:31.060 in length.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/strangestorybook_09_lang_128kb.mp3

Emmas
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

SRJ7892 wrote:Hello Lynnet,

Here is the link to The Strange Story Book by Mrs. Lang (Chapter 9, The Beaver and the Porcupine).
10:31.060 in length.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/strangestorybook_09_lang_128kb.mp3

Emmas
Thank you!