[Complete] The Strange Story Book by Mrs. Lang - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Hello! I wonder if I might claim:

12 The Vision of the Pope
34 Adventures of a Spanish Nun

Also, question: ch 34 is the final segment of the book. At the end, should I read the words:

"FINIS
Spottiswoode & Co. Ltd., Printers, Colchester, London and Eton."

or just "FINIS"

or ... ?
thanks very much!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

stoogeswoman wrote:Hello! I wonder if I might claim:

12 The Vision of the Pope
34 Adventures of a Spanish Nun

Also, question: ch 34 is the final segment of the book. At the end, should I read the words:

"FINIS
Spottiswoode & Co. Ltd., Printers, Colchester, London and Eton."

or just "FINIS"

or ... ?
thanks very much!
Thank you.
I wouldn't. To be honest, I wouldn't even say "finis", just the Librivox end of book outro but that's your choice.
voicelady

Post by voicelady »

Hello,

I want to read section 19 (What Became of Owen Parfitt?.) This is my first reading and would like
my name Teresa McPeat to be used in the catalogue.

Thanks!!

Teresa
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

voicelady wrote:Hello,

I want to read section 19 (What Became of Owen Parfitt?.) This is my first reading and would like
my name Teresa McPeat to be used in the catalogue.

Thanks!!

Teresa
Welcome to Librivox, Teresa!
I have added you to the catalog (click on your name in the Magic Window and you will see your own catalog page); and I see you've had your test approved, so you're ready to get recording for real! Please be sure to read the first post, as all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. There's no rush - you get 2 months before I start nagging you about your file - but, if you're like me, you're itching to get going, and there's nothing stopping you now :D
pnrapisora

Post by pnrapisora »

Good day! I would like to let Section 14 back to the pool for I think I won't be able to record anytime soon. Thank you very much!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

pnrapisora wrote:Good day! I would like to let Section 14 back to the pool for I think I won't be able to record anytime soon. Thank you very much!
Thank you for letting me know. If things change, please check back and see if it or anything else is still available.
bbsbooks

Post by bbsbooks »

Hello!

May I read Number 7 The Wonderful Basket? This will be my first time recording. I'd like my catalogue name to appear as, Robert Eversmann.

Thank you!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

bbsbooks wrote:Hello!

May I read Number 7 The Wonderful Basket? This will be my first time recording. I'd like my catalogue name to appear as, Robert Eversmann.

Thank you!
Hi Robert and welcome!
I can certainly assign that chapter to you but before you get started we ask all new readers to complete a one minute test to ensure their recording setup meets with Librivox requirements. If not, you'll be given tips on how to change things. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
I will enter you in the catalog.
Lastly, all the information you need for recording is in the first post, but if you have questions, please ask.
Lynne
bbsbooks

Post by bbsbooks »

hey there! unfortunate news, I won't be able to record number 7 The Wonderful Basket. My apartment is Way too noisy!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

bbsbooks wrote:hey there! unfortunate news, I won't be able to record number 7 The Wonderful Basket. My apartment is Way too noisy!
Hi Robert
Of course, if you need to back out, that's ok, but don't be too hasty...
What kind of noise are you talking about? Roommates? Neighbors? Traffic? Air conditioning? Some of that can be dealt with and some doesn't matter. In fact, if it's too quiet, it sounds a bit creepy and artificial! Your mic may not pick up everything you hear, either, and soft furnishings (even hanging a sheet over a bookcase) dampens noise.

If you really feel you can't record, you can consider helping in other ways, such as proof listening (we have a shortage of proof listeners!)

Think it over and experiment.
Lynne
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Lynnet,

Do you still get the old file of section 16? I do and am wondering if its me or the system.
Pattymarie
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Here's chapter 12, "Vision of the Pope":

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/strangestorybook_12_lang_128kb.mp3 - 3 minutes 55.013 seconds / 3.67 KB

8-)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

stoogeswoman wrote:Here's chapter 12, "Vision of the Pope":

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/strangestorybook_12_lang_128kb.mp3 - 3 minutes 55.013 seconds / 3.67 KB

8-)
Thank you.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

pattymarie wrote:Lynnet,

Do you still get the old file of section 16? I do and am wondering if its me or the system.
I'll have to check on my PC.
I could delete all section 16 files from the server and have the reader re-upload, but we'll see what I get first. Will be able to check within the next 1/2 hour.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lynnet wrote:
pattymarie wrote:Lynnet,

I'll have to check on my PC.
I could delete all section 16 files from the server and have the reader re-upload, but we'll see what I get first. Will be able to check within the next 1/2 hour.
Yes, I did still hear the old version.
I went on to the server and there are only 2 uploads of section 16, both from May 29. I would have expected a 3rd. I deleted the first, but before I delete the other, I want to make sure the reader still has the file on her computer. Then I can delete the other and she can try again with the new, improved file.