COMPLETE[SOLO] The Book of Clever Beasts by Myrtle Reed-alg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

The Book of Clever Beasts by Myrtle Reed (1874 - 1911).

A humorous book, hitting off the many writers who have returned to nature and made intimate friends in the Animal World. The author describes the super-human intelligence to be found by the discerning among our kindred of the wild. All those who love gentle humor will be entertained by the whimsical story of “Little Upsidaisi” and no reader can fail to laugh at the antics of “Jagg, The Skootaway Goat”. (from advertisement in the back of the book)
This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/the-book-of-clever-beasts-by-myrtle-reed/

• Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/bookofcleverbeas00reed
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Keywords that describe the book: nature, wildlife, hermitage

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Book of Clever Beasts. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Book of Clever Beasts, by Myrtle Reed. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Book of Clever Beasts by Myrtle Reed. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Book of Clever Beasts, by Myrtle Reed. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename bookofcleverbeasts_##_reed_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. bookofcleverbeasts_01_reed_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Myrtle Reed
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: The Book of Clever Beasts

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Morlock on March 26th, 2016, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I will MC this for you, Daryl. Let's see if a proof listener comes around before I move you to Going Solo.
Cheers!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Well bless yer book-lovin' heart! (Wanted to do this one a few years ago.) Now... I gotta figure out that durn MW. I'm rusty and don't quite get the gist of this new-fangled system. Ah, y'ez y'ung whippersnappers! :wink:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Daryl,
I messaged you information about the MW.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Cheers,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Sounds great! I will DPL. Just let me know.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer wrote:Sounds great! I will DPL. Just let me know.
Excellent. Already working on the next section. :clap:

[edit:] chapter one: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/bookofcleverbeasts_01_reed.mp3

time- 22:38
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Off you go to Going Solo. :D
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL Notes:

Section 0

PL OK

:thumbs:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL Notes:

Chapter 1

PL OK

:thumbs:
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

Section 2 - Jagg, The Skootaway Goat

PL OK
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Oh, l-a-w-d-y! I saw the page count for chapter 3 and realized it was going to take a while. Trying to maintain character voices, and come up with new ones… Fortunately (or unfortunately for him) Mr. Johnson-Sitdown doesn’t seem to do well at keeping good buddies very long, so I think I just have to maintain what he sounds like.

Chapter 3 clocked in at 38:40

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/bookofcleverbeasts_03_reed.mp3
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

Section 3 - Snoof

PL OK
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

Section 4 - Kitchi-Kitchi

M, your reading just keeps getting better. Excellent job!

PL OK
Anthony