COMPLETE Caliban by the Yellow Sands by MacKaye-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Did you miss that I already uploaded Sycorax on the first page ? It still shows as "assigned" in the MW.
Here it is again:
Kitty wrote:Here's my first contribution. The witch Sycorax. (...)
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/caliban_sycorax_p.mp3
Recording time: 2:08 min.
Sonia
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Whoops! I added it. Thank you!

MW fully updated.
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
catrose

Post by catrose »

Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Propero recorded - need to edit before upload. Interesting play.

Thanks, Todd
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Thanks Todd, Charlotte and Alan! MW is up to date. I also am still searching for a DPL!!

DPL Post: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=60566
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I see you've advertised for a DPL. I went ahead and changed the level of prooflistening to "special" and used the text for DW parts from here: viewtopic.php?p=318667#p318667

If that's not what you want (PLing for parts), let me know and I can switch it back to standard PLing. [The thread is locked, so I'm not sure if you can change it or not . . . I think the author can always change their posts, but others can't post in the thread.]

MaryAnn
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:I see you've advertised for a DPL. I went ahead and changed the level of prooflistening to "special" and used the text for DW parts from here: viewtopic.php?p=318667#p318667

If that's not what you want (PLing for parts), let me know and I can switch it back to standard PLing. [The thread is locked, so I'm not sure if you can change it or not . . . I think the author can always change their posts, but others can't post in the thread.]

MaryAnn
Thanks, MaryAnn, I think special PL-ing is needed in this project.

Thank you Todd, the MW is fully updated. :)
lian2902952

Post by lian2902952 »

Im sorry it took so long. I had to get a new headset, but i recieved an OK anyway. Kindly refer to the link
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=60479

Is actor 2 still available ?
Lian Pang

All art is quite useless. - Oscar Wilde
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

lian2902952 wrote:Im sorry it took so long. I had to get a new headset, but i recieved an OK anyway. Kindly refer to the link
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=60479

Is actor 2 still available ?
I've signed you up! :)
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

What kind of special PL-ing are you interested in? Depending on your requirements, I could check the recordings you already have available; however, I don't want to promise you a DPL because I can only work on this up through and including the 27th of April (one week). Sorry, but perhaps this will help at least a little?
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

LSMerlot wrote:
What kind of special PL-ing are you interested in? Depending on your requirements, I could check the recordings you already have available; however, I don't want to promise you a DPL because I can only work on this up through and including the 27th of April (one week). Sorry, but perhaps this will help at least a little?
For this project, I'm looking for a word perfect-PL (basically, make sure it is word perfect and compare it to the script). If you'd like to PL what is in the Mw, I welcome it.
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

For this project, I'm looking for a word perfect-PL (basically, make sure it is word perfect and compare it to the script). If you'd like to PL what is in the Mw, I welcome it.
All right, thank you. I'll get right on it.

Section 26, Voice of Sycorax in Prologue, PL notes: beginning and ending of recording follow instructions, words match the script, and there is at least one second pause between lines. If this is what you're looking for, then I'll pay attention to the other recordings with the same standards.

Also, the question was asked about the level of scratchiness in the voice. I thought it added to the performance, so I would personally say it's good as is.
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Thank you, i'll mark it in!