COMPLETE Caliban by the Yellow Sands by MacKaye-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

Section 23, voice of Miranda in the Prologue, PL Notes:
At 0:23-24, reader says, "O poor me," but script says, "O me."
At 1:03-04, reader says, "At last tonight, at dawn," but script says, "At last to-day, at dawn."
At 2:07-09, reader says, "This wonder grows wild," but script says, "This wonder grows too wild."
At 2:15 reader skips pages 21-23 (beginning with skipping "Peace! Dance no more" on page 21) and proceeds to page 24 with "Father!"
Ending does not contain sign-off "End of Miranda" or have 5 seconds of silence.

Just these few notes. Otherwise it was great.
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

Section 24, voice of Prospero in Prologue, PL Notes:
At 1:44, reader says, "maidenly gladness," but script says, "maiden gladness."
At 2:13-15, reader says, "Well urged, mine own Miranda," but script says, "Well urged, my own Miranda."
At 2:20, reader says, "Spirit," but script says, "Spirits."
At 4:16, reader says, "Thou shalt be told," but script says, "Thou shalt behold."
At 4:30-32, reader says, "I will instruct thee on how to use them," but script says, "I will instruct thee how to use them."
Ending does not contain sign-off "End of Prospero" or have 5 seconds of silence.

Again, just a few notes, but it sounds great!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

LSMerlot wrote:Section 24, voice of Prospero in Prologue, PL Notes:
At 1:44, reader says, "maidenly gladness," but script says, "maiden gladness."
At 2:13-15, reader says, "Well urged, mine own Miranda," but script says, "Well urged, my own Miranda."
At 2:20, reader says, "Spirit," but script says, "Spirits."
At 4:16, reader says, "Thou shalt be told," but script says, "Thou shalt behold."
At 4:30-32, reader says, "I will instruct thee on how to use them," but script says, "I will instruct thee how to use them."
Ending does not contain sign-off "End of Prospero" or have 5 seconds of silence.

Again, just a few notes, but it sounds great!
You changed from standard to word-perfect PL after I recorded. You may orphan the Prospero parts.

Thanks, Todd
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Tortilla,

If this is Word Prefect PLing, that should be added to the first post. I know a number of people (I am one) who consider that when deciding what sections to claim.

MaryAnn
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

Given the discussion so far, would you prefer I switch to standard PL?
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

Section 37, voice of Cleopatra in Act I, PL Notes:

No problems! Contains proper intro, words match the script, at least one second between lines, and includes sign-off and 5 seconds of silence.
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

Section 44, voice of Troilus in Act I, PL Notes:

All words match the script, and there are pauses between lines, so no problems there.
The recording doesn't have the typical sign-off "End of Troilus," but it does contain 5 seconds of silence. Is this sufficient? Or do you really need the sign-off?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Since this is a part file, there's no need to say "end of" at the end of the file. Unless you are PLing the stage directions . . . that one should have the standard intro and outro because those will be needed for editing.

The BC (Tortilla) will need to answer on the level of PLing she wants for this project. She told you in the thread that she wanted word perfect. I just didn't realize at the time that the first post didn't say what level of PLing would be used. So it can stay Word Perfect, but in that case I think it should be noted in the first post.

MaryAnn
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Since this is a part file, there's no need to say "end of" at the end of the file. Unless you are PLing the stage directions . . . that one should have the standard intro and outro because those will be needed for editing.

The BC (Tortilla) will need to answer on the level of PLing she wants for this project. She told you in the thread that she wanted word perfect. I just didn't realize at the time that the first post didn't say what level of PLing would be used. So it can stay Word Perfect, but in that case I think it should be noted in the first post.

MaryAnn
I'll wind this back down to standard-PL. I think word perfect will be too much.
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

Okay, switching to Standard PL and taking into account that an outro is not needed for a part file...

Section 23, Voice of Miranda in Prologue
Section 24, Voice of Prospero in Prologue

The above sections have good intros, and everything comes across clearly. No problems!
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

PL Notes for Act I

Section 31, voice of Prospero
Section 37, voice of Cleopatra
Section 44, voice of Troilus

All of the above sections have good intros and come across clearly. No problems.

Section 30, voice of Miranda, does not include the intro "[role] read by [your name]."
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

PL Notes for Act II

Section 50, voice of Prospero
Section 58, voice of Benvolio
Section 61, voice of Juliet

The above sections have good intros and come across clearly. No problems.

Section 49, voice of Miranda, does not include intro "[role] ready by [your name]." Also, at 1:51 there is some repetition, but I think it was reader's self-correction since the first rendition says, "Hardly I know, and something high..." and repeat says, "Hardly I know, but something high..."
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

PL Notes for Act III

Section 67, voice of Prospero
Section 69, voice of War/The Voice
Section 75, voice of Adam
Section 78, voice of Mistress Page

All the above sections have good intros and come across clearly. No problems.
LSMerlot

Post by LSMerlot »

PL Notes for Epilogue

Section 85, voice of Prospero/Shakespeare: Everything came across clearly. No problems.
lian2902952

Post by lian2902952 »

Lian Pang

All art is quite useless. - Oscar Wilde