[COMPLETE] October Vagabonds by Richard Le Gallienne

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Roger

Post by Roger »

October Vagabonds by Richard Le Gallienne (1866 - 1947).
Richard and his friend Colin must sadly return from their distant hermitage to New York City at summer's end. However, rather than take the train on the 430 mile trip to the city, the two decide to walk the route, for as Richard stated: "Don't you hate the idea of being hurled along in a train, and suddenly shot into the city again, like a package through a tube?" Certainly a lengthy walk it would be, but the two decide that "getting there is the most enjoyable and informative part", and their trek begins. Along the way, they meet people they never would have met; they witness landscape, nature and habitat which they wouldn't have otherwise seen; and they learn about themselves and their place in the world which they may not have otherwise comprehended. A clever travelogue of two artistic types from first person point of view. ( Roger Melin)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10447
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project: General Fiction/Published 1900 onward; Travel Fiction; Culture & Heritage
    Keywords that describe the book: nature, travel, New York, walking, upstate, wayfarers
    ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of October Vagabonds. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "October Vagabonds, by Richard Le Gallienne. [Chapters]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of October Vagabonds by Richard Le Gallienne. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter [number]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of October Vagabonds, by Richard Le Gallienne."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename octobervagabonds_#_legallienne_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where # is the section number (e.g. octobervagabonds_1_legallienne_128kb.mp3)
  • ID3 V2 tags are not necessary.
    Enter section/chapter titles in the MW. Author and book title will be set automatically during cataloging.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: darvinia
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
    Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Roger on September 2nd, 2016, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Roger,
I'll MC this for you. I'll set it up shortly.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

OK, all ready! I'll leave us in the Launch Pad for a day or so to see if we can acquire a DPL.

Have fun! :)
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
Roger

Post by Roger »

Awesome, thanks Bev.
(Did I ever mention that I love your signature? Best quote ever.) :lol:
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Would enjoy being DPL but I'm going on a two-week hiking trip this weekend with my wife (September Vagabonds!). I may not be able to PL until I return.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Welcome aboard as DPL. I hope you enjoy your first vagabond. There may be a section or two awaiting your return.
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Thank you Dave, you're in as DPL.
Roger wrote:(Did I ever mention that I love your signature? Best quote ever.) :lol:
You did when I was a new admin and first MCed for you and I'm gratified to hear it again. It is always pleasant to know that what one appreciates is appreciated by others. :)

That quote grounds me when I'm feeling less than adequate and self-confidence ebbs. For an uneducated man Popeye is quite a philosopher. :)

And now that we're fully populated I'll move us to Going Solo!
Bev

Roger

Post by Roger »

The first section has been posted.
Thanks! :)
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

1 PL OK.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Section 2 posted, awaiting your return from your September vagabond, which I hope you have enjoyed.
Thanks! :)
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

2 PL OK
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

About our server crash on Oct. 13.

This was catalogued prior to the crash so the files are all safe at archive.org. The info is missing from our catalogue and I will be reinstating it as soon as I can.

EDIT: All done, back in the catalogue.
Bev