[Complete]Great Disasters and Horrors by Allen Godbey - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SRJ7892

Post by SRJ7892 »

Hello!

This is emmas! I was assigned Chapter 15 of Great Disasters and Horrors by Allen Godbey in late August. I'm running a little late with it though. If I'm allowed a few more days, I think I can finish it.

Thanks,

emmas
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

SRJ7892 wrote:Hello!

This is emmas! I was assigned Chapter 15 of Great Disasters and Horrors by Allen Godbey in late August. I'm running a little late with it though. If I'm allowed a few more days, I think I can finish it.

Thanks,

emmas
Hi Emma,
I have reinstated your claim and given you til the end of November. If that's not long enough, we can re-evaluate nearer the time.
Lynne
VivianWeaver

Post by VivianWeaver »

Re: Section 9, thank you.

Vivian
Vivian Weaver
Never underestimate the power of your truth.
Naduplants

Post by Naduplants »

Hello- I was on here a while ago and wanted to do Electric Storms. I've been delayed- but I did the test, got approved to start recording, and plan on recording that section this week!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Naduplants wrote:Hello- I was on here a while ago and wanted to do Electric Storms. I've been delayed- but I did the test, got approved to start recording, and plan on recording that section this week!
As you may have seen, we had a catastrophic loss of data in September/October and have been putting things back together the best we can. I have re-instated your claim for electric storms. You get 2 months from the date of claim (although you can always request an extension) - and the clock has been reset to today, so the holdup your end doesn't factor into it 8-)
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hi nancyhollo,
When I leave PL feedback, I try to leave a note in the notes section of the magic window that say where they are. In this case it says "See PL Notes pg 10." You would go to page 10 of the thread and look for them. Here is a copy of what is written there;

PL NOTES:

SECTION 06 - Incidents of the Tornado

Just a technical issue here.

The bit rate should be 128kbps fixed and is variable. Perfect otherwise. Thanks so much!

I am not sure if there is a better way to do this. If there is and anyone is reading this know, please let me know. Thanks.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
nancyhollo

Post by nancyhollo »

Hi Lynnet and afutterer,

I've changed the file to constant bit rate and reuploaded:

greatdisastersandhorrors_06_godbey_128kb.mps 36.34MB 37:51

I have a new microphone, a USB cardiod type, I'm very excited about it. I'm going to set it up right now and then I hope to have sections 7 & 8 uploaded within the week. I should probably send in a mike test, first?

Nancy
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hi Nancyhollo, Thanks for the new upload. I will check it as soon as I can.

New mic is very exciting! Good luck getting it set up. I think it is a great idea to upload a new mic test! Have fun!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

A new test is recommended any time we get new equipment, or do an upgrade :roll: - it just emphasizes the fact it is not an audition, but a check that you've got everything set up right. Just mention that it is due to a new mic and whoever checks it will just look at that aspect.
Sciguyvoice

Post by Sciguyvoice »

I would like to do section 23, please.

Thanks,

Warren
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Sciguyvoice wrote:I would like to do section 23, please.

Thanks,

Warren
You're signed up!
dvoiss

Post by dvoiss »

I'm a newbie who would be willing to do both unassigned sections (25 & 27) of this book.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

dvoiss wrote:I'm a newbie who would be willing to do both unassigned sections (25 & 27) of this book.
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please be sure to complete this within 7 days.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
VivianWeaver

Post by VivianWeaver »

Hey there. Do I need to reupload Section 9, Perils of the Sea? Thank you.
Vivian Weaver
VivianWeaver

Post by VivianWeaver »

Vivian Weaver