[complete] Bible (RV) NT 01: Matthew by Revised Version - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Sorry I was so long in PL'ing this. Chapter II is now PL OK.

Chapter III:
1:22: Longish pause: I hear, "every tree therefore that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, [long pause], and cast into the fire."
1:39: You say, "And He will thoroughly cleanse His threshing floor". I believe the text says "thoroughly", and that pronouncing it "through-ly", as in "through and through", changes the textual meaning. However, I think this one is up to you.

Other than that, Chapter III sounds great! I can't wait to hear more.
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Chapter IV PL notes:

The recording itself seems a little quiet. I see that you can't amplify very much without clipping; sometimes the way to work around that is to use some light noise cleaning, after which point you will be able to amplify a bit more without worrying about clipping, etc. So, noise-clean, which will make the chapter much too quiet, only to be able to amplify to a louder volume than you had originally!
1:01: Slight stumble, just before the word "tempt" in the sentence, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God".
2:17: In the phrase, "Simon who was called Peter", there seems to be a plosive for "Peter"--tricky word! This may be a phrase worth recording, but again, it's up to you.
2:54 to about 3:01: More plosives in the words "preaching" and "people".
Also, your end silence only appears to be two seconds long, rather than the customary five.

I love the expression with which you read this chapter; it sounded as if you enjoyed recording it.
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
glennobrien

Post by glennobrien »

Sections 3 and 4 have been re-uploaded.
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Chapters 3 and 5 are PL OK. Chapter 4 sounds great, but the five seconds of silence that should be at the end of the chapter don't appear to be there. Your silence seems to be only one second long. I actually generate my silence from the Audacity menu rather than simply leaving the microphone on, and my silences often end up being rather short, too. Audacity is stubborn! Anyway, the silence is all you need to worry about before that chapter, too, will be perfect.
Bethesda Lily

glennobrien

Post by glennobrien »

Section 4 hs been re-uploaded.

Section 6 has been uploaded.
glennobrien

Post by glennobrien »

Sections 7 and 8 have been uploaded.
glennobrien

Post by glennobrien »

Section 9 has been uploaded.
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Thanks, Glen! I'll try to make PLing a priority tomorrow morning.
Bethesda Lily

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Hi, Glen,

Chapter 4 is now PL OK.

Chapter 6 PL notes:
3:16: Slight stumble in the phrase, "or else he will hold to one". I'm hearing it between "will" and "hold". It's so slight that it may not be worth re-recording, but I thought I'd put it out there and see what you think. Ultimately, this one is up to you.
3:48--3:52: Slight stumble, and what appears to be a missing word, in "And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit unto his stature?".
The chapter seems a little quiet. I believe it's within the accepted range--just something to think about, if it's not too much trouble.

Chapter 7 PL notes:
0:32: I'm hearing, "And how wilt thou say to thy brother...". The text reads, "Or how wilt thou say..."
1:06: Repeated text, "Knock, and it shall be opened unto you".
1:35: Stumble between the words "ask" and "Him" in the phrase, "How much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him".

Chapter 8 PL notes:
0:47: I'm hearing a slight stumble just before "Capernaum".
2:32: Stumble before the word "that" in the phrase, "that it might be fulfilled".

Chapter 9 PL notes:
0:37: Stumble before the word "their" in the phrase, "And Jesus, knowing heir thoughts".
About 3:31: The text reads "give place"; I hear "give peace".

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you; I really enjoyed listening to these chapters. They gave me quite a bit to think about for the day.
Bethesda Lily

glennobrien

Post by glennobrien »

Sections 6-9 have been re-uplooaded.

Section 10 has been uploaded.
glennobrien

Post by glennobrien »

Section 11 has been uploaded.
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Chapters 6, 7, 8, and 9 are all PL OK. I hope to PL 10-11 soon.
Bethesda Lily

glennobrien

Post by glennobrien »

Section 12 has been uploaded.
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Hi, Glen,

Just a few PL notes:

Chapter 10:
1:05: I hear "raise the hand"; the text says "raise the dead".
About 5:01: In the phrase beginning with "And whosoever... one of these little ones". The text reads "these"; I'm hearing "those".

Chapter 11:
1:00: The text reads, "What went ye"; I hear, "What want ye".

Chapter 12:
4:13: Text: "Either make the tree good, and its fruit good"... I hear, "Either make the tree good, or its fruit good".
4:30: Slight stumble between "his" and "evil".
4:41: Slight stumble between "words" and "thou".

I hope this is helpful. I'm really enjoying hearing these chapters; I read the KJV, but had never been exposed to the ERV until now. Hearing some of these concepts phrased differently is giving me a wonderful new perspective.
Bethesda Lily

glennobrien

Post by glennobrien »

Sections 10-12 have been re-uploaded.

Section 13 has been uploaded.
bethesdalily wrote:I read the KJV, but had never been exposed to the ERV until now. Hearing some of these concepts phrased differently is giving me a wonderful new perspective.
The Revised Version or English Revised Version (RV) is a late 19th-century British revision of the King James Version (KJV). The New Testament was published in 1881, the Old Testament in 1885, and the Apocrypha in 1894.

At the time of the RV's publication, the King James Version was still the only viable English Bible in Victorian England. The RV, therefore, is regarded as the forerunner of the entire modern translation tradition. And it was considered more accurate than the King James Version in a number of verses.

In the United States, the Revised Version was adapted and revised as the "Revised Version, Standard American Edition" (better known as the American Standard Version) in 1901.