Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 15th, 2017, 12:30 pm

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post Posted:: February 12th, 2017, 7:40 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Jo,
Both passages add to the discussion so I they should be read. I'm not sure why the second one is the the smaller font size either. It doesn't seem to be a quote. Including the table, is great.
Thanks!
Amy

Post Posted:: February 25th, 2017, 3:05 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Amy,

Here's section 6

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsgeology_06_ruschenberger_128kb.mp3
21:43

Post Posted:: February 25th, 2017, 3:58 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Jo,
Thank you for Section 6!
Amy :)

Post Posted:: March 1st, 2017, 8:24 am 

PL NOTES:

SECTION 06 - LESSON V. –PART 1: SEVENTH GEOLOGICAL EPOCH.

PL OK

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

Post Posted:: March 5th, 2017, 6:40 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Chapters 15 and 16 have been orphaned so we are back in Readers Wanted.

Post Posted:: April 14th, 2017, 12:45 pm 

May I read sections 15 and 16?

Thanks,

Rick

Post Posted:: April 14th, 2017, 1:57 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Yes, indeed.
Thank you, Rick! I will move us back to Readers Found tomorrow.
-Amy :)

Post Posted:: April 14th, 2017, 3:41 pm 

:)

Post Posted:: April 15th, 2017, 5:25 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Over to Readers Found. :D

Post Posted:: May 12th, 2017, 3:01 pm 

Amy, when I went back to listen through my headphones, it sounded like R2D2 especially between words. This was worst for the first 10 minutes, which I thought may have been picking up something because of water pipes. I had changed the location for the rest of it.
I think I did 3 noise reductions on those first 10 mins and the spectrogram showed almost nothing in the 'blank' areas but with the earphones I could still hear squealing and squeaks. I spent a lot of time trying to edit out the noise [none of which I can hear just using speakers] then while editing the rest, I realized that the noise reduction was increasing the squealing sounds--I don't know why, maybe the other background sound (don't know what it's called, sounds like a cassette tape passing through the heads) muffled it. So I am sending you the section with the ending un-noise reduced, starting around 22:26. I thought you or someone could mess a bit with the end part and tell me what to do to fix it? Blue Yeti/Audacity win 2-1-0. (PS, before I gave up, I went back and stuck in some background noise in the first 10 mins, because I was told on another recording that no background makes the annoying sounds worse. Noise reduction:
Noise Reduction db: 12
Sensitivity: 6
Frequency smoothing (bands): 0

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsgeology_21_ruschenberger_128kb.mp3
28s 47m

Michelle

Post Posted:: May 12th, 2017, 5:27 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for sending it in. I will work on it tomorrow and see if I can help.
Have a good night!
Amy

Post Posted:: May 16th, 2017, 5:32 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Michelle,
I had a busy few days. Sorry for taking so long. I did a little noise cleaning at the end. It sounds pretty good really. There is a tad of distortion in places that could be from too much noise reduction that can shave off a bit of the lower tones or it may be some reverberation. Is the Yeti new to you? It could be the settings as to whether it is recording unidirectional or room-wide. I this recording is fine. I uploaded it again with my tweaks.
We can see what Anthony thinks when he proof listens. I am sure he can give some good feedback (a little microphone pun-ha ha).
Thank you!
Amy :D

Post Posted:: May 26th, 2017, 5:48 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Everyone,
Three more sections to go. This has been going on for over a year. I PMed Rick. Maybe we can tie this one up before summer. There are three more little textbooks in this Ruschenberger series: Conchology, Herpetology and Ichthyology, and Anatomy and Physiology. I think anatomy will be next.
Have a good day!
Amy

Post Posted:: May 31st, 2017, 9:15 am 

PL NOTES:

SECTION 21 - GLOSSARY -D-L

PL OK

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

Post Posted:: May 31st, 2017, 9:58 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Great.
Thanks, Anthony!
Amy :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next