COMPLETE[Sci] Elements of Geology -William Ruschenberger-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

And there are a lot of names of places. I know that I am not well-travelled; it really shows in this recording. :oops:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

alg1001 wrote:And there are a lot of names of places. I know that I am not well-travelled; it really shows in this recording. :oops:
I am not well travelled either. :thumbs:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 18 - LESSON X. –PART 2. ORGANIC REMAINS.

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi All,
If you have uploaded any files or made any claims in the last few days @ October 15th, they may not have been received due to the event that deleted data since September 15th. Everything we have is in the MW. Please resubmit your files and claims, if you don't see them in there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Barbara Jade,
Your file, Section Two, for this project was lost due to the event that deleted data since September 15th. Please resubmit it. Sorry for the inconvenience!
-Amy
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 19 - LESSON X. –PART 3. CRETACEOUS EPOCH. MODERN EPOCH. GEOGENY.

PL OK
Anthony

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, Anthony!
barbarajade

Post by barbarajade »

I've re-uploaded Lesson 2 of Elements of Geology. I'm not sure why it appears not to indicate a hyperlink in this reply post; it seemed to upload okay.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsgeology_02_ruschenberger.mp3

Duration: 34:56

Barbara
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Barbara,
It uploaded okay.
Thank you for reuploading it!
Amy :)
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 02 - LESSON II. ORGANIC REMAINS. FIRST GEOLOGICAL EPOCH. SECOND GEOLOGICAL EPOCH.

Just one technical issue;

- the bit rate of the recording is variable and must be 128kbps fixed rate.

Great job!
Anthony

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Finally, after an almost endless glacial period, here's section 9, with a runtime of 26:13:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsgeology_09_ruschenberger_128kb.mp3
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle »

Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle »

I think I looked up the pronunciation of every word in this section, just because of hardheadedness. I wanted to give the normal American pronunciation. Here's some things I found out.

Some words went out of style even before he wrote this and no pronunciation can be found. Some I think were kinda made up or corruptions of words.

Unlike the other volumes we did, there were typos and other errors in this section.

I used several old dictionaries/glossaries I found on-line, two older Websters I had, and lists of terms made by lapidary clubs.

When they included the same words, the pronunciations did not always agree.

Finally, most of the on-line audio pronunciation sites are using robots, so the pronunciations default to rules fed into the software, not actual usage.

If anyone wants links to the on-line sources, pm me. They are very helpful, having words in use in the 1800s.

Michelle
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Availle wrote:Finally, after an almost endless glacial period, here's section 9, with a runtime of 26:13:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsgeology_09_ruschenberger_128kb.mp3
Hi Ava,
I am not sure how I missed your post. My apologies.
A glacial period is very appropriate.
Thank you!
Amy :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Mich_elle wrote:I think I looked up the pronunciation of every word in this section, just because of hardheadedness. I wanted to give the normal American pronunciation. Here's some things I found out.

Some words went out of style even before he wrote this and no pronunciation can be found. Some I think were kinda made up or corruptions of words.

Unlike the other volumes we did, there were typos and other errors in this section.

I used several old dictionaries/glossaries I found on-line, two older Websters I had, and lists of terms made by lapidary clubs.

When they included the same words, the pronunciations did not always agree.

Finally, most of the on-line audio pronunciation sites are using robots, so the pronunciations default to rules fed into the software, not actual usage.

If anyone wants links to the on-line sources, pm me. They are very helpful, having words in use in the 1800s.

Michelle
Hi Michelle,
Thank you for all your work on this! It should be a great resource for the listeners and there seems to always be variations in pronunciations. Staying with the glacial theme, the Brits call a glacier a "GLAY-see-err."
-Amy :D