COMPLETE[Sci] Elements of Geology -William Ruschenberger-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 13 - LESSON VIII. –PART 1.EXPLANATION OF VARIOUS PHENOMENA. HEAT, DEPOSITS, AND FOSSILS.

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Steve

Post by Steve »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Great. Thank you, Steve!
-Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 14 - LESSON VIII. –PART 2. EFFECTS ATTRIBUTABLE TO UPHEAVAL AND SUBSIDENCE.

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
barbarajade

Post by barbarajade »

Hello: I'm a first-time reader & would like to read Section 2 of Elements of Geology. I've purchased a microphone & am in the process of becoming familiar with the technology, preparing to complete a 1-minute test; I plan to begin recording as soon as I am set up, hopefully with few if any SNAFUs. My main concern is with pronunciation. I scanned the Forum for discussions on this topic & didn't find any threads; I'm just uncertain about scientific terminology & fossil taxa. Before I review the Forum threads more carefully, are there any guides that you know of for me to use?
Please list my reader name as Barbara Jade Sironen in the LibriVox catalogue.
Thank you!
Barbara
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Barbara,
I will reserve Section 2 for you pending your test. The glossary shows which syllable is stressed. Dictionary.com should have some of the terminology:
http://www.dictionary.com/
The pronunciation does not need to be perfect. Just do your best.
Cheers,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
barbarajade

Post by barbarajade »

Hi again: Thanks for your help; I use Dictionary.com but not all taxonomic nomenclature can be found in this source. However, I have located several sources for pronunciation and I appreciate the latitude for a few mispronunciations! Excited to get started on Section 2.
Barbara
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Barbarajade,
I am glad to hear it. I will sign you up for it.
Thanks!
-Amy
Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle »

Amy, I am still with this project, just got hung up with some other stuff.

Barbara:
Note on pronouncing geo terms, I bought a dictionary by the Geological Institute to help me with it and they only break the words into syllables too. I think maybe the geologists aren't as hung up on pronunciation as some of the biology folks, I had down loaded a dictionary from the 1800s that was a tremendous help with all my Librivox recordings, but lost it and the URL when my PC got hijacked. I only came across it by some esoteric word search I was doing and haven't been about to find it again. Gutenberg has one they are doing, but it is quite cumbersome, this was a pdf. I'll keep looking for it.
Michelle
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, Michele!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Jo
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Jo,
Thank you for Section 7!
-Amy :D
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 07 - LESSON V. –PART 2: THE PLIOCENE.SUPERFICIAL DEPOSITS. EIGHTH GEOLOGICAL EPOCH.

PL OK
Anthony

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Anthony,
Section 18 is ready now. It did not trip off the tongue. My apologies for the mispronunciations.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsgeology_18_ruschenberger_128kb.mp3
38:05
Thanks!
Amy
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

alg1001 wrote:Hi Anthony,
Section 18 is ready now. It did not trip off the tongue. My apologies for the mispronunciations.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsgeology_18_ruschenberger_128kb.mp3
38:05
Thanks!
Amy
Thats ok Amy. I imagine there are some pretty strange words in that chapter. :D
Anthony