COMPLETE[Sci] Elements of Geology -William Ruschenberger-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Anthony,
Here is Lesson 10-part 1 to PL when you have a chance.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsgeology_17_ruschenberger_128kb.mp3
15:39
Thanks,
Amy :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi Amy

Could I claim Sections 13 & 14 (Lesson 8 Parts 1 & 2), please?

Cheers

Steve
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Steve,
You sure can.
Thank you!
-Amy :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 17 - LESSON X. –PART 1. CLASSIFICATION OF FORMATIONS.

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Glad to hear it.
Thank you for the PL, Anthony!
-Amy :D
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

np :)
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 8 - LESSON VI.-PART 1: INFLUENCE OF INTERNAL AGENTS ON THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH. EARTHQUAKES.

PL OK

Thanks!
Anthony

Steve

Post by Steve »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, Steve! :D
-Amy
Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle »

Amy, finally lesson 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsgeology_01_ruschenberger_128kb.mp3 21.71 KB
23m10s

no tags right?

Note: I went on a Jules Verne binge for a few weeks :D reading everything I could get my hands or ears on, and he sounds just like Ruschenberger, only funnier. No wonder I like these elements books so much. I'll sign up for another lesson, in a day or two, if that's okay--
Michelle
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Wow! I never would have imagined the two had a similar way of writing. Jules Verne... What a great binge! I am a bit of a cryptogram nut so I bought his book called The Cryptogram but I haven't read it yet. Maybe it is high time I did.
It would be great if you find more of the geology book that you want to record, too.
Have a great day!
Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle »

I'll do the glossary if things keep moving this slowly. I learn a lot in condensed form when I do them, but it sometimes takes longer because I research how to pronounce the words.

What I learned about Jules Verne is that it can make a big difference who the translator was, apparently there was a long period where they abridged the text because it was too explanatory or politically incorrect (and we thought that only started in the 1990s!) and also translated out a lot of the humor. Too bad I don't read French. Didn't know about The Cryptogram, thanks. I seem to read a lot of crypto type scifi-ish books and then I have to read biographies about all the historical characters they used, but everyone needs a hobby or two.
Michelle
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Amy,

Please put me in for section 7, LESSON V. –PART 2: THE PLIOCENE. SUPERFICIAL DEPOSITS. EIGHTH GEOLOGICAL EPOCH.

Thanks
Jo
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Jo,
7 is yours.
Thank you!
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 1 - LESSON I. GEOLOGY DEFINED.

PL OK
Anthony