COMPLETE[Sci] Elements of Geology -William Ruschenberger-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

barbarajade wrote:Hi Anthony,
Here is Lesson III. Part 2 of Elements of Geology. I attempted to apply noise reduction to the document with some success. I notice differences in my voice (tone, cadence, clarity, level) when I insert edited material, although I applied the same noise reduction parameters on each occasion. However, it dawns on me that these would change, depending on the amount of ambient noise at each recording. I have to investigate this more.
Also, I didn't know how to differentiate Part 2 of Lesson III from Part 1, which someone else recorded, so the mp3 title may be the same in both cases.
Let me know if I need to do anything else!
Thank you,
Barbara

runtime: 30:59

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsgeology_03_ruschenberger_128b.mp3
Update: Here is the file renamed 04 https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsgeology_04_ruschenberger_128b.mp3
Hi Barbara,
The note: "Points 22-59. Starting on p. 47" was the way to demarcate which part of the lesson to read. If there is overlap, that is fine. It will only reinforce the lesson.
Please be careful when you name your file. This should be 04 not 03. 03 was overridden when you uploaded another with that name. I will update yours to 04 and restore 03. Please relabel the file 04 if you have to resubmit it for prooflistening edits.
Thank you for your recording!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Amy,

I'll take section 6 off your hands. :)
Jo
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Great! Thank you, Jo!
-Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
thbosc

Post by thbosc »

I'll claim 5, 11, and 12.

- Thomas
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for taking the last chapters!
-Amy :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Off we go to Readers Found.
thbosc

Post by thbosc »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Wow! All three already!
Thank you, Thomas!
Amy :D
Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle »

I haven't dropped out, and should be getting my next section to you soon.
Michelle
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

That is good news. Thanks.
Have a good weekend!
Amy
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 04 - LESSON III. –PART 2: FOURTH GEOLOGICAL EPOCH. FIFTH GEOLOGICAL EPOCH.

Hi Barbara. Thanks for helping out here and great job reading.

I found a few small technical issues with this recording.

-The recording should be in "Mono" but is currently in "Stereo"
-The silence at the end of the recording is ~5s and should be 10s for recordings that are longer than 30m in length.

Otherwise perfect!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 05 - LESSON IV. SECONDARY FORMATION. SIXTH GEOLOGICAL EPOCH.

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 11 - LESSON VII.-PART 1. INFLUENCE OF EXTERNAL AGENTS ON THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH. LIGHT, AIR, AND WATER.

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 12 - LESSON VII.-PART 2. INFLUENCE OF EXTERNAL AGENTS ON THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH. WATER AND LIVING THINGS.

PL OK
Anthony

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Amy,

I have a question about section 6. There are two sections where the text is a smaller font size on page 86 and pages 88-89. The first one may be a caption for the figure next to it, but it's not obvious whether that might be the same for the second one. Can you take a quick look and let me know if you want me to include these in the recording?

Also I have included the table on p. 79. Is that OK?

Thanks!
Jo