(Complete) Summa Theologica IIIa -The Saviour, His Incarnation -mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

So there it is, Maria, assuming that you will find no find no error that I must correct while proofing the last two sections. :)

It seems appropriate that from the Question "Manifestation of the Newly Born Christ" there may soon emerge the "Manifestation of the Newly Born LibriVox project" at its imminent publication… :P

That said, I reply to your comment:
Hard to believe that you are so close to finishing the entire Summa!
[1] While I may be the reader who has most-recorded on the Summa project, it must be acknowledged that the first 140 questions were recorded prior to me, starting notably with "Jim Ruddy" who also served as my initial inspiration and reading model :clap: ; otherwise, yes, once the Cardinal Virtues project is finished off, I shall have recorded a total of 341 questions -- but I am not sure if the person who happens to read the latter portion of a work merits being credited for the "entire" enterprise…. :roll:

[2] Referring to my March 11th, 2016 post on the first page of this project, there is another important point to consider: :hmm:
Sorry to be bombarding you, Maria, but I just came across a slightly simpler project description that I had made last year at the time when I had offered a standardized set of project descriptions for projects 1-12 of the Summa spanning the Pars Ia, Pars I-IIa, and Pars II-IIa. Here, for the Pars III, I had foreseen for project 13: (which I actually prefer)
This selection of the Summa Theologica covers questions 1-59 of the Tertia Pars ("Third Part"), comprising a Treatise on the Saviour: the Mystery of the Incarnation in itself (questions 1-26), and on what things the Incarnate Son of God did or suffered in the human nature united to Him (questions 27-59).
Then when we are ready, either for myself or for whomever it may be, for project 14:
This selection of the Summa Theologica covers questions 60-90 of the Tertia Pars ("Third Part"), comprising a Treatise on the Sacraments: the sacraments in general (questions 60-65) and in particular (questions 66-90), whether on Baptism (66-71), Confirmation (72), Eucharist (53-83), or Penance (84-90) - at which point Aquinas' composition of the Summa ended abruptly.
mscllc
In other words, it is not over yet! :help:

Your comment therefore precipitates the proposed creation of this "project 14" ("Treatise on the Sacraments") so that the "entire" Summa written by saint Thomas of Aquinas may at last be recorded... :wink: (knowing that his project would have had an additional 100+ questions if not for the mystical experience which made him take pause :9: , shortly before his death on route from Italy to France where he was to participate in the Council of Lyons... :cry: )

Would you be up to it? :? You might get recognized one day as a "martyr" if you have to listen that much to me! :shock:

I am organized enough that quite quickly I could label all of the thirty-or-so sections, although I would in all likelihood give priority to finishing the Cardinal Virtues project first. mscllc :thumbs:
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

They are both PL OK! (of course!) :clap: :clap:
mscllc wrote: July 25th, 2019, 5:59 am That said, I reply to your comment:
Hard to believe that you are so close to finishing the entire Summa!
[1] While I may be the reader who has most-recorded on the Summa project, it must be acknowledged that the first 140 questions were recorded prior to me, starting notably with "Jim Ruddy" who also served as my initial inspiration and reading model :clap: ; otherwise, yes, once the Cardinal Virtues project is finished off, I shall have recorded a total of 341 questions -- but I am not sure if the person who happens to read the latter portion of a work merits being credited for the "entire" enterprise…. :roll:
Yes ~ I didn't quite word that properly! :-) But you have recorded the bulk of it, and that is a huge accomplishment!
[2] Referring to my March 11th, 2016 post on the first page of this project, there is another important point to consider: :hmm:
Sorry to be bombarding you, Maria, but I just came across a slightly simpler project description that I had made last year at the time when I had offered a standardized set of project descriptions for projects 1-12 of the Summa spanning the Pars Ia, Pars I-IIa, and Pars II-IIa. Here, for the Pars III, I had foreseen for project 13: (which I actually prefer)
This selection of the Summa Theologica covers questions 1-59 of the Tertia Pars ("Third Part"), comprising a Treatise on the Saviour: the Mystery of the Incarnation in itself (questions 1-26), and on what things the Incarnate Son of God did or suffered in the human nature united to Him (questions 27-59).
Then when we are ready, either for myself or for whomever it may be, for project 14:
This selection of the Summa Theologica covers questions 60-90 of the Tertia Pars ("Third Part"), comprising a Treatise on the Sacraments: the sacraments in general (questions 60-65) and in particular (questions 66-90), whether on Baptism (66-71), Confirmation (72), Eucharist (53-83), or Penance (84-90) - at which point Aquinas' composition of the Summa ended abruptly.
mscllc
In other words, it is not over yet! :help:

Your comment therefore precipitates the proposed creation of this "project 14" ("Treatise on the Sacraments") so that the "entire" Summa written by saint Thomas of Aquinas may at last be recorded... :wink: (knowing that his project would have had an additional 100+ questions if not for the mystical experience which made him take pause :9: , shortly before his death on route from Italy to France where he was to participate in the Council of Lyons... :cry: )

Would you be up to it? :? You might get recognized one day as a "martyr" if you have to listen that much to me! :shock:

I am organized enough that quite quickly I could label all of the thirty-or-so sections, although I would in all likelihood give priority to finishing the Cardinal Virtues project first. mscllc :thumbs:
Ah, well, my excuse is I don't remember the first post from over three years ago! And I've never actually read the Summa, just listened! :lol: :lol:

Of course I am up it. We have to see it through to the end! :thumbs:

I don't think listening to you read, quite measures up to being a martyr ~ I enjoy it! :lol: And anyway, how else would I have gotten through most of the Summa?
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/summa-theologica-13-tertia-pars-the-saviour-his-incarnation-and-his-salvific-acts-by-saint-thomas-aquinas/

Congratulations!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks