COMPLETE - Little Women by Louisa May Alcott-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

No problem, Catherine! :) Here is your reader page - if you click "reader section details" you can see a list of all the projects you have in progress, along with their statuses, which can be useful for keeping track of sections you need to record. https://librivox.org/reader/10724

Charity, thanks for the new test! I'm going to call it OK. :thumbs: You're now ready to record! :clap:

Deon, thanks for claiming, those two sections are yours :D
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

If no one else has asked, I'd like to claim 26 and 28. Thanks! 8-)
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

All yours!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
ChicagoCathrun

Post by ChicagoCathrun »

Mary Ann, here's 18...my very first Librivox recording! I haven't any idea how to edit, I wanted to play around with the software this weekend. There are two mistakes that I can specifically remember, once that I think I re-did twice near the end...lol. Please tell me what protocol is now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlewomen_18_alcott_128kb.mp3
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Chapter 18 sounds great! Good job with your first recording! There's a couple things that need fixing. :)
10:55 repeat: "He patted her back soothingly"
16:05 repeat: "Here the clock struck twelve".
17:30-17:50 repeat: "She was back at her post in an instant"
18:45-19:00 repeat: "Before the girls"
20:55--you say "End of Chapter 19" and then "End of Chapter 18". It should be 18. :)
You also need to have 5 seconds of silence at the end after you say "End of Chapter 19."

If you're using Audacity, here's directions on how to edit. If not, someone will be able to help you out. :) For Audacity, highlight the section you want to get rid of by clicking where you want the selection to start and dragging to where you want it to end (the same as if you want to highlight text). Then either click the little scissor button on the toolbar, hit delete, or do ctrl-X. It'll get rid of the highlighted section. If you accidentally get rid of something, you can click the undo on the toolbar or ctrl-z as long as you don't do anything else first after you get rid of it. :)
Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any problems or if something doesn't make sense. It's great to have you here at Librivox! :D
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you Catherine, Christine, Elijah and Adele! :)
Rachel

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Could I claim section 42 (All Alone) please?
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

You bet! :D
Rachel

AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Good job with Chapter 10! :D There's a couple PL notes:
0:17 I hear "The P.C. and P." (You're missing the last "o")
0:54 stumble over "heliotrope" (pronounced he-lee-oh-trow-p")
6:01 stumble over "propriety" (pronounced "pro-pry-it-ee")
You also need one more second of silence at the end. :)
Thanks!
Adele

Post by dolabout »

Hi there!

I have sent in a one minute test and got the okay, so here I am! Could I please take 37,38, and 39 (Chapters 14-16)?

Also, could I use my first name, Daria, as my name here?

Thanks!
deongines

Post by deongines »

Turning it over in your mind will not plough the field.
deongines

Post by deongines »

Can I claim section 31? thanks, Deon
Turning it over in your mind will not plough the field.
Vanalosswen

Post by Vanalosswen »

I'd like to take 31 and 32, please. And I'd like to be credited under Vanalosswen.