[Complete] One Act Play Collection 009 - LT

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Here is the prologue & epilogue for The Good Samaritan

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/thegoodsamaritan_prolg_epilg_benton.mp3

I felt he should be rather soft-spoken, so I intentionally recorded it right on the lower edge of the acceptable volume.
Truth,
James
---------------------
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ZamesCurran wrote:Here is the prologue & epilogue for The Good Samaritan

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/thegoodsamaritan_prolg_epilg_benton.mp3

I felt he should be rather soft-spoken, so I intentionally recorded it right on the lower edge of the acceptable volume.
that's great thanks James
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

The Prologue/Epilogue is PL OK!
The First Levite is just missing the voice credit.
Thanks! :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

You guys are so close to finishing this! :-)

Still not really back full time, but I'd like to get you folks closer to the end. So I'll take some of the remaining small parts.

9. Second Monk
35. Second Servant

I was also going to take 17. Sophomore, but I think that's a female role... right?

If there are any other small roles you need filling, let me know.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:I was also going to take 17. Sophomore, but I think that's a female role... right?
just giving my opinion here, but I think the play is gender neutral. And Tomas (WiltedScribe) has already played a Nun in this same play (and soooo well I might add) that you can join him in crossdressing up as a sophomore if you feel like it. :mrgreen: Anyway, I don't think it's mentioned in the play that it's a girl's school, so the Sophomore might well be male.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
ChuckW wrote:I was also going to take 17. Sophomore, but I think that's a female role... right?
just giving my opinion here, but I think the play is gender neutral. And Tomas (WiltedScribe) has already played a Nun in this same play (and soooo well I might add) that you can join him in crossdressing up as a sophomore if you feel like it. :mrgreen: Anyway, I don't think it's mentioned in the play that it's a girl's school, so the Sophomore might well be male.

Sonia
Haha! Well, alright then. I'll let the BC decide if she wants more crossdressing in her play then. :-P
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ChuckW wrote:You guys are so close to finishing this! :-)

Still not really back full time, but I'd like to get you folks closer to the end. So I'll take some of the remaining small parts.

9. Second Monk
35. Second Servant

I was also going to take 17. Sophomore, but I think that's a female role... right?

If there are any other small roles you need filling, let me know.
Hi and thanks for signing up. I am more than happy for you to do Sophomore but if you would rather not I will understand. Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

So, uh, I went ahead and recorded the Sophomore... but please feel free to toss the whole thing in the rubbish bin if it's too camp or silly. :-P I did some slight pitch shifting, but can send the files without if you'd like.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/canterbury_sophomore_stewart.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/goodsmaritan_secondservant_benton.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mosad_secondmonk_yeats.mp3

Let me know if there are any other small roles you need filled to get this into the catalogue (and if anyone here is BC-ing a dramatic reading that needs a couple of small roles filled... send me a PM!)
PROJECTS
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ChuckW wrote:So, uh, I went ahead and recorded the Sophomore... but please feel free to toss the whole thing in the rubbish bin if it's too camp or silly. :-P I did some slight pitch shifting, but can send the files without if you'd like.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/canterbury_sophomore_stewart.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/goodsmaritan_secondservant_benton.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mosad_secondmonk_yeats.mp3

Let me know if there are any other small roles you need filled to get this into the catalogue (and if anyone here is BC-ing a dramatic reading that needs a couple of small roles filled... send me a PM!)
Thank you if you want to do some other roles if you go to this thread these all have parts available if you have not already done one in them thanks

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=60875
Michele
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

The Second Servant is PL OK! For future recordings, you might need some noise cleaning and de-amplification (your recording's volume is 95.8 db.)
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MW updated thanks
Michele
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

EstherbenSimonides wrote:The Second Servant is PL OK! For future recordings, you might need some noise cleaning and de-amplification (your recording's volume is 95.8 db.)
Yes, I was just talking to someone about this. I was doing it using some old school dramatic project rules, where all the editors did their own noise cleaning and compression. I'll go ahead and clean up all my files and re-upload them when I get a chance.
PROJECTS
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Section 9 Second Monk PL OK. Thanks
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

All files have been cleaned up and re-uploaded.
PROJECTS
wib66

Post by wib66 »

thanks everyone MW updated
Michele