COMPLETE The Broken Heart by John Ford - maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MikeyHaz

Post by MikeyHaz »

Cat, I think Armostes was marked as PL OK in the last week or two but let me know if you need anything re-uploading.
Always happy to receive feedback, especially the constructive kind :)
catrose

Post by catrose »

WiltedScribe wrote:Hi Charlotte,

Before the crash I had volunteered to take on Orgilus. So I will re-stake the claim, in case you had missed it. :)
Thank you! I've put you down! You're in for a pretty wild ride ;)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
catrose

Post by catrose »

MikeyHaz wrote:Cat, I think Armostes was marked as PL OK in the last week or two but let me know if you need anything re-uploading.
Yes, Armostes is PL OK and all there! As far as I'm aware, I don't have any files missing (the benefits of a slow moving project, I guess :lol: )

The MW has been reupdated, so I may have missed something and if I have, please PM me :)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Charlotte,

Time for me to ask again, what is the status of reader claims? I would like to orphan these reader claims to get this project moving again:

Tortilla (has not posted since August 2016)
East (has not posted since June 2016)
Rockbadger (has not posted since April 2016).

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Cat has not been on the forums for 3 months.

The following roles have been orphaned and are available for claim:

Euphranea, Daughter of Crotolon, a Maid of honour (YOUff-ran-ee-uh)
Christalla, a Maid of honour (CHRIS-tall-uh)
Ithocles, a Favourite (ITH-uh-clees)
Amelus, friend of Nearchus (AH-mell-us)

and . . . the Stage Directions are also open.

PM'd Alan and WiltedScribe (Tomas) about their claims.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Tecnicus, a Philosopher (TECH-nih-cuss) has also been orphaned.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

We are also looking for someone to PL parts.

Some of the parts have been submitted for a looooong time without being PL'd. If anyone is willing to help out by PLing some of the open submissions, we would all appreciate the help, even if you don't have the time or desire to DPLing for the project.

Thanks!

MaryAnn
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Can I try Tecnicus, section 19?
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Cat has not been on the forums for 3 months.

The following roles have been orphaned and are available for claim:

Euphranea, Daughter of Crotolon, a Maid of honour (YOUff-ran-ee-uh)
Christalla, a Maid of honour (CHRIS-tall-uh)
Ithocles, a Favourite (ITH-uh-clees)
Amelus, friend of Nearchus (AH-mell-us)

and . . . the Stage Directions are also open.

PM'd Alan and WiltedScribe (Tomas) about their claims.

MaryAnn
Are you looking for someone to BC this project? I was actually thinking of taking on a second dramatic project (another play), but perhaps I should just try to help finish this project up. Heck, perhaps if I help clean up some of the remaining dramatic projects, some kind MC will shrug their shoulders and acquiesce when I finally wind up launching yet another dramatic reading of some 1920s play. :-P

So yeah. I can take this project over and edit it all together, if you want. Again, might need some help PL-ing everything, especially since I'm not sure what needs to be looked at and what doesn't (also trying to find the missing line from Crotolon and having no luck!).
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I've heard from Tomas and he is still interested in reading the part he claimed.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

tovarisch wrote:Can I try Tecnicus, section 19?
Thank you Tovarisch. MW updated!
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

ChuckW wrote:Are you looking for someone to BC this project? I was actually thinking of taking on a second dramatic project (another play), but perhaps I should just try to help finish this project up. Heck, perhaps if I help clean up some of the remaining dramatic projects, some kind MC will shrug their shoulders and acquiesce when I finally wind up launching yet another dramatic reading of some 1920s play. :-P

So yeah. I can take this project over and edit it all together, if you want. Again, might need some help PL-ing everything, especially since I'm not sure what needs to be looked at and what doesn't (also trying to find the missing line from Crotolon and having no luck!).
Chuck,

Yes, I would love if you are willing to take over as BC (and tackle the editing as well). :D

As for PLing, this would be standard PLing (my personal test for standard PL is "does it make me go 'huh'?") with the caveat that you PL with the text to make sure no lines have been missed. Sounds like you know how rough it is to find out at editing time that a reader who hasn't been on the forums for a couple of months missed a key line . . .

I'll add you to the MW and let you take over from here.

MaryAnn
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
ChuckW wrote:Are you looking for someone to BC this project? I was actually thinking of taking on a second dramatic project (another play), but perhaps I should just try to help finish this project up. Heck, perhaps if I help clean up some of the remaining dramatic projects, some kind MC will shrug their shoulders and acquiesce when I finally wind up launching yet another dramatic reading of some 1920s play. :-P

Chuck,

Yes, I would love if you are willing to take over as BC (and tackle the editing as well). :D

As for PLing, this would be standard PLing (my personal test for standard PL is "does it make me go 'huh'?") with the caveat that you PL with the text to make sure no lines have been missed. Sounds like you know how rough it is to find out at editing time that a reader who hasn't been on the forums for a couple of months missed a key line . . .

I'll add you to the MW and let you take over from here.

MaryAnn
Sure, I'm happy to help. I left quite a few people in a lurch the last time I was a full fledged member here (blame fatherhood), so I think I owe it to the community to take this over. :-P

I'll also read the stage directions, just to get this thing closer to completion.

I'd also like to see if someone could help me with Khaghbboommm's files. According to the previous DPL, Crotolon is missing a line from Act 5, Scene 5. The only problem is... there is no Scene 5. I'm a little confused by the PL notes (which are on page 8).

Crossing my fingers that everything remaining is above board and PL OK.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I can help out a bit with DPLing if you tell me exactly what still needs to be done. The MW is a bit confusing. Is it the links preceding "ready for PL" that still need to be PLed ? And those preceding PL ok are ok ? That's how I understand it, but I want to make sure, so I don't do double work. Because often the entire section is PL ok already in the final column. (see Section 6 for example) :hmm:

I could offer to make the MW look neater, like in the other Plays. Dragging finished files to the correct Acts already, that way we see what's done and what is still outstanding.

Sonia
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sonia,

I thought it was the opposite. Whatever is to the left of "PL OK" is PL OK. The sections between "PL OK" and "Ready for PL" still need a listen, and when they are ok'd they are moved to the left of the "PL OK" label? :hmm:

With all the links for a given role in a single section, we can't really drop them into the acts below when they are ok'd, but we can move the open sections up to the top of the MW to make it easier to see what is still open for claim.

May be interesting to check if any of the scenes are ready to edit once Chuck records the stage directions - or it may be just as easy to wait until complete acts are ready to edit? I don't do much editing so I'm not sure which is the easier or better approach. All the scenes will need to be combined into acts in the end . . .

MaryAnn