May you be well, happy and peaceful.

~Niki Myers
Owner and Creator of Niki's Essentials
http://www.nikisessentials.com
nikisessentials@gmail.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you for the files. I have put them in the MW and marked them ready for PL.

Not important this time, but files should be labeled as spelled out in the first posting. In this play, that means with the act number, not the section number. I use the act numbers in the file names to sort the files by which act I am cutting different files into. Also, as files get PL'd, the files get moved down in the MW and the section numbers are no longer valid.

Thanks, Todd
NikisEssentials

Post by NikisEssentials »

Well you can either use them or not use them. I can't seem to please you so I'm just going to continue doing the other projects that I'm working on. So three years is up to you. I don't care. I seem to keep doing things wrong and only get scolded after work. So I'm done. Enjoy the files. Enjoy my voice. I won't bother you anymore.
May you be well, happy and peaceful.

~Niki Myers
Owner and Creator of Niki's Essentials
http://www.nikisessentials.com
nikisessentials@gmail.com
Micha

Post by Micha »

May I do some of the male parts here? I could do the "First Man" and the "First Male Singer" (or more if need be).
Ajoutez du whisky à n'importe quel texte, ça vous fera un beau pangramme. -- Michel Clavel
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Micha wrote:May I do some of the male parts here? I could do the "First Man" and the "First Male Singer" (or more if need be).
First Man and First Male Singer would be great.

EDIT: For First Male Singer, you can try to copy the already recorded chanting cadence by the Woman Singer. (I'll be able to make minor adjustments when I overlay the parts. Or, I might decide to use phrases by the three singers separately rather than overlay them. Never know until I have all the parts together...)

Thanks, Todd

(NOTE to other potential readers - my casting is gender blind.)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

NikisEssentials wrote:Woman singer, act 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bourgeoisgentleman_womansinger_14.mp3

01:07.239
PL OK!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

NikisEssentials wrote:Woman, Act 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bourgeoisgentleman_woman_13.mp3

00:46.677
PL OK!

Thanks, Todd
Micha

Post by Micha »

First Man, Act 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bourgeoisgentleman_firstman_9.mp3
1:15

Note: As far as I can hear, Niki forgot to do the parts read (sang) by all three actors. Am I mistaken?

--

First Male Singer, Act 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bourgeoisgentleman_firstmalesinger_11.mp3
1:58

Matching the Woman Singer was an interesting challenge—not sure the result is good enough though, you tell me!

Cheers!
Ajoutez du whisky à n'importe quel texte, ça vous fera un beau pangramme. -- Michel Clavel
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks. Yes, there is no woman part recorded for the "all" but three parts don't always mix well so I will only mix the two men's parts.

Todd

(Not important this time, but files should be labeled as spelled out in the first posting. In this play, that means with the act number, not the section number. I use the act numbers in the file names to sort the files by which act I am cutting different files into. Also, as files get PL'd, the files get moved down in the MW and the section numbers are no longer valid.)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Todd,
Not sure if I have already read for this, but if not, I'm happy to do the second lackey.

MaryAnn
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Todd,
Not sure if I have already read for this, but if not, I'm happy to do the second lackey.

MaryAnn
Great!

Thanks, Todd
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Todd,

I've been through all the acts and it appears that the Lackeys only have one line between them in each scene - or at least, they are never both speaking in a way that it can't be read by one person. All the lines on PG are marked as "lackey". So I'm perplexed at what lines I am to read as the Second Lackey. Is there a script somewhere marked for the Second Lackey? Or if you tell me what is missing and I'll read those?

MaryAnn
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ah - I see that in a number of scenes lackeys are non-speaking roles. But there are a few lines.

First and Second lackey are called out in two spots: Act 1 Scene 2 and Act 3 Scene 1. Also if you read all the Lackey lines that don't say if they are for Lackey One or Two, then I can mix and match the two of you to make it sound like there are more lackeys. Or in case there are any lines not read by the First Lackey....

Thanks ,Todd