~FULL(PLAY)The Bourgeois Gentleman by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » May 8th, 2016, 3:29 pm

Well lackied! PL OK! And I see that you are on stage but mute for Act 4 and so I took that line out of the MW.

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » May 15th, 2016, 8:56 am

Dorante is all PL OK. Nice reading!

Thanks, Todd

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » August 28th, 2016, 8:24 pm

Todd,
Happy to help out. At a loss what role to pick. Will take anything you suggest, large or small, chanting or not.
MaryAnn

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » August 29th, 2016, 3:36 am

Howsabout the Act 1 and Act 4 Woman, sections 12 and 15 at present? Then I'll ask the two man roles to follow your chanting rhythm when ever they get filled.

(I assumed yes and updated MW.)

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » August 31st, 2016, 6:46 pm

I have started assembly. Temporary files for Acts 4 and 5 as backup, not for any listening or PL yet.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bourgeoisgentleman_5_moliere_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bourgeoisgentleman_4_moliere_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » September 5th, 2016, 7:48 am

I have drafts of all the acts in the MW. I will need someone to PL them (or multiple someones to do individual acts) after we get all the rest of the parts assigned, recorded, and added in. I think you all sound great! I'd love to see this play staged someday.

Thanks, Todd

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » September 5th, 2016, 8:22 am

Hi Todd,
When each act is complete may I do the PL? I've been keeping an eye on the project hoping to help.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » September 5th, 2016, 9:42 am

linny wrote:Hi Todd,
When each act is complete may I do the PL? I've been keeping an eye on the project hoping to help.
Great. I will let you know when done. But some parts are unassigned, much less just incomplete.... So it may be awhile.

This is a laugh-out-loud play in places. This morning I did the end of act 3 to complete all the drafts and there is a quartet of two couples all talking to/at/over/under each other completely at cross-purposes. It would be a great musical number or part of a comic opera with the four of them swirling around the stage, pairing off momentarily for a pair of lines, then batting the audience attention across the stage to another emerging couple who then get torn asunder back into the swirling mass. Like watching a whack-a-mole version of a ping-pong match in a bag of microwave popcorn. Moliere has no stage directions, so it is impossible while reading the scene to figure out who is talking to whom and when, and I think that same sense of confusion is exactly what would happen on stage. I have to figure out how (or if) to play with the timing so I can get the lines grouped together that belong together - or just let confusion reign supreme.

Meanwhile, at a slower pace, the comic plot continues to ensnare the Bourgeois Gentleman - the fool that is the title of the piece - into a well deserved comeuppance entirely of his own making. That is barely touched off as the play ends - cuz you know exactly what is going to happen in the lines that would occur 2 or 3 minutes after the last lines that are actually written if the play did go on - so why write them in? (Or possibly, they would have been danced in the final ballet that of course isn't in our version.)

Thanks, Todd

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » September 5th, 2016, 11:36 am

Sounds great! Thank you for letting me assist. Let me know if you want me to take a "pre-listen" and feedback on that section of act 3.

EDIT: For weeks I have been looking at the role of Tailor's Apprentice. It's only 4-5 lines and is all that is needed to finish Act 2. I keep trying but my voice is so broken I can't make it. I hope someone picks it up soon. I know how much better I feel when the first Act is finished. That's the start of "seeing the light at the end of the tunnel". :thumbs:

wib66

Post by wib66 » September 11th, 2016, 8:04 am

I have added this project to the help us finish Dramatics works thread to advertise available parts.

Here is the link

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=60875

Thanks

wildemoose

Post by wildemoose » September 11th, 2016, 11:01 am

In honor of Hercules Mulligan, I will pick up the Tailor's Apprentice. :D

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » September 11th, 2016, 5:37 pm

Thanks.

Todd