[group]Vignettes of San Francisco - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Michael,

thanks for your contributions. They are all PL ok. I loved your way of narrating and I love your deep voice :9: for me at least it's very agreeable to listen to.

I had to laugh at this one sentence: "One of the favorites was that ancient one of the Western town that was so healthy they had to kill a man to start a graveyard." :lol: Gotta love these vignettes.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

also thanks, Eva, this one is also PL ok. Very fitting for the text was the dreamy, romantic quality of voice you adopted throughout the narration. I felt myself drifting away with the description while listening (not a bad thing). :)

The concept of remembering one's childhood through smells is very Proustian, it reminded me of that one excerpt we had to read in school, where the author remembers his childhood while sniffing a cup of tea. Very interesting to hear it here once again.

Sonia
GlennieJ

Post by GlennieJ »

Great minds discuss ideas
Average minds discuss events
Small minds discuss people
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Kitty wrote:
also thanks, Eva, this one is also PL ok. Very fitting for the text was the dreamy, romantic quality of voice you adopted throughout the narration. I felt myself drifting away with the description while listening (not a bad thing). :)

The concept of remembering one's childhood through smells is very Proustian, it reminded me of that one excerpt we had to read in school, where the author remembers his childhood while sniffing a cup of tea. Very interesting to hear it here once again.

Sonia
Sonia. Another reader (Msfry) was saying how much she wished PLers would comment on the content of a book, saying things exactly like you do, that I wanted to say how much I enjoy them too. She said that even for exciting or wonderful chapters, the PL will usually say "PL OK" without any contribution to the spirit of what is being read. So keep up the good work and please volunteer for her projects; she would much appreciate your way of doing things! :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Glennie, and thanks for your beautiful contribution to this project. I'm happy to hear you had fun doing this recording. Fun is what it's all about, after all (oh, and doing great audiobooks for free, of course :mrgreen: )

Your section is flawlessly read, I like your calm, level voice. Especially for this sort of narrative it was very fitting and it's easy to listen to. :9:

Concerning the "quote/unquote": I often hear from other readers that they are using a different tone or cadence of voice to show that they are quoting something. I myself do it that way as well, it saves the intro/outro of the quotes :mrgreen: You are free to do it your way of course, I only wanted to mention it, in case you were not sure whether you had to use the quotes. You can use them, if you prefer them, but don't have to. :)

I will mark this section PL ok, as there are really no errors I need to mention. :thumbs:
philchenevert wrote:Sonia. Another reader (Msfry) was saying how much she wished PLers would comment on the content of a book, saying things exactly like you do, that I wanted to say how much I enjoy them too. She said that even for exciting or wonderful chapters, the PL will usually say "PL OK" without any contribution to the spirit of what is being read. So keep up the good work and please volunteer for her projects; she would much appreciate your way of doing things! :thumbs:
oh thank you Phil :) I'm happy my comments are appreciated. When I listen to a text I simply have to give my two-cents worth :mrgreen: it's probably incurable.

For the moment I have quite a lot of DPL jobs, so I want to finish those first, before taking on new projects, but I am sure I will cross paths with msfry at one point in our LV careers.

Sonia
GlennieJ

Post by GlennieJ »

Kitty and/or Sonia (I'm confused)

Aha! I wondered about how to do the quotes. I like your way much better. I will do that in the future. Thanks for the tip! I'm glad you can't help yourself from adding comments. It's so helpful; you have no idea. Thanks again.

Glennie
Great minds discuss ideas
Average minds discuss events
Small minds discuss people
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GlennieJ wrote:Kitty and/or Sonia (I'm confused)
Kitty is my LibriVox user name, Sonia is my real name. We're one and the same :)
Aha! I wondered about how to do the quotes. I like your way much better. I will do that in the future. Thanks for the tip! I'm glad you can't help yourself from adding comments. It's so helpful; you have no idea. Thanks again.
:9: thank you, Glennie

Sonia
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Sanjay, for those highly entertaining chapters. I swear while listening to the episode of the Italian and Chinese flower vendors I had to laugh out loud. Your in-character reading there was especially funny. :mrgreen:

Also I found no errors at all, so this was an easy job for me. I can mark them all PL ok. :thumbs:

Sonia
sanjay67

Post by sanjay67 »

Thanks Sonia!

Sanjay
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hurray ! thank you Larry. I'll put them in the MW and probably manage to PL soon. This project is almost finished. It went fast all of a sudden, thanks to the enthusiasm of all of you great readers :9:

Sonia