COMPLETE Yesterdays by Ella Wheeler Wilcox -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Yesterdays by Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1850 - 1919).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/yesterdays-by-ella-wheeler-wilcox/
This is a volume of early poetry by Ella Wheeler Wilcox. ( Carolin)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4006
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      • At the beginning of the recording, read the abbreviated "LibriVox disclaimer":
      "[Poem title], by Ella Wheeler Wilcox, read for LibriVox.org" by [your name] or some variation on that, adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish.
      • Then read the poem.
      • At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.
    8. At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Yesterdays by Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
      There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    9. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      yesterdays_###_wilcox_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ### is the section number (e.g. yesterdays_01_wilcox_128kb.mp3) - please note that there are three digits!
    10. Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
      Artist: Ella Wheeler Wilcox
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: Yesterdays

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Carolin
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

a ton of poems looking for readers, and a project looking for a dpl :D
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Yay, you started the new compilation immediately. I checked out most of the poems now, and may I immediately claim a dozen, or is that too much ? :oops:

2. AN OLD HEART
5. IF I COULD ONLY WEEP
7. A WAKEFUL NIGHT
11. IT DOES NOT MATTER
19. COURAGE
22. WHICH
25. ON RAINY DAYS
36. SPECTRES
69. A DIRGE
71. THE NEW LOVE
86. PRESENTIMENT
93. THE PLAY

Since I probably will read a lot in here, I might not be the best DPL at the moment. But if you don't find another, I can jump in and do it. :)

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

given the amount of poetry we have in this volume i think you get to claim a dozen :D
Carolin
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

I'm glad that somebody else asked! I didn't want to claim too many and be unfair to the other readers (or listeners). May I please claim the following?

08 - If One Should Dive Deep
13 - Worth Living
14 - More Fortunate
15 - He Will Not Come
17 - Rondeau
27 - Only In Dreams
60 - Jenny Lind
63 - New Year
77 - Our Petty Cares
82 - Content and Happiness
94 - As We Look Back (Rondeau)

Erin

Just out of curiosity, how much Ella Wheeler Wilcox from PG hasn't been recorded yet? :)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks erin! some bcs handle this differently, they like to limit readers to three open claims at a time or something like that, but there are enough poems in this volume to allow everyone to claim a large batch - well, i know you and sonia and most other readers from the last volume will manage. i would still limit newbies to a couple of claims at a time though to make sure they see how it goes before burying themselves under a mountain of claimed sections :)

i have two more volumes by ella wheeler wilcox to bc at the moment (after this one), but it is possible that there are some more at archive or elsewhere. i think some poems in these other volumes contain poems we already have in the poems of.. series, but i dont think that matters much :)
Carolin
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Hi, claim 95 96 97 98 and 99.
Signature: KATHLEEN
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

of course, thanks kathleen :)
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I'll start the collection with my first contribution. Here is "An Old Heart".

Recording time: 1:29 min.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/yesterdays_002_wilcox_128kb.mp3

I named the file 002 (with 2 zeros) because there are over 100 poems, was that correct ?

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you sonia, thats exactly right.
Carolin
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

May I claim the Foreword? I would like to claim more sections down the road.

Thanks!

Greg
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you, greg and kathleen!
Carolin
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Section 8, 'If One Should Dive Deep', 1.23:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/yesterdays_008_wilcox_128kb.mp3

Erin
Carolin