March 4, 2016
I am logged into Project Management System. I can access the Section Compiler. I have 3 Sections (11, 28, 29) with PL Notes.
1. When I want to PL i have gone to the post where the Section has been sent. I click on the address line and bring up a black screen with a time line in the middle of the screen. I listen and note the time.
2. When i send PL Notes i have been clicking on Quote in upper right of the screen where the section was sent. Then type notes below the last post from the reader.
3. How do I know when the reader has reviewed the PL Notes, made changes and resent? Do i scan all 5 pages of posts and look for the ones with the sections I need to read?
4. Should these kind of issues be sent to your email or is the MW ok.
with respect mlee
It is great that you can access the Section Compiler
You are doing well on figuring this out, and thank you for asking questions!
1. When you want to PL, please listen to the link in the Magic Window. (that is to make sure that the link in the Magic Window actually works). It is the job of the Book Coordinator, Josh, to put the new recordings in the MW. You can right click on the listen-link, and open a new black screen with the timeline (identical to the one you have been getting from the posts, I think).
2. You can quote the post where the recording was first sent, but you don't have to (that way you don't have to look for it in the thread). You can just say for instance "Section # is PL OK" or "PL notes for section #" and then your notes with times, just like you have been doing. When you have listened, log into the Magic Window and change the status to PL OK or See PL Notes. If there are PL notes you can add in the Notes column something like "PL notes on page #", whatever page your post with the PL Notes is on. That was it is easier for the reader to find. (There is a way to make a link directly to a post, but I can explain that later, if you want to. It is not necessary.)
3. It is the reader's responsibility to check back in the thread and make any changes necessary. When they do, they reupload and post again in the thread. Then the Book Coordinator will change the status in the MW to Ready for spot PL. That way, when you look at the MW, you will see that there is a section that has been corrected for you to spot-check. When I spot-check files, I find the PL notes I wrote (in the thread), and check those exact things I asked to be checked (you don't have to listen to the whole file again). If it is PL OK, post about that and change the MW, if something still needs to be fixed, write a new PL note and change the MW to reflect that.
4. You can always PM me questions if you wonder about anything, or you can post in the thread. It is up to you
I generally like things to be in the thread, because then it is right there, and nothing is secret from the BC. But if you wonder about something you feel should not be in the thread (for instance if you want a second opinion on something or have a question you feel might be offensive to someone) please feel free to PM me. I keep an eye on the thread and the MW, so you don't have to PM me to tell me for instance that some sections are PL OK or that some have notes, because I see that
I am sorry, that was a lot of writing! I hope it was clarifying. Please ask again if something is unclear!