[complet] Figures of Several Centuries by Arthur Symons - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jk124

Post by jk124 »

mlee wrote:March 6
mlee
RE: Section 8 John Dunne I

May I read Section 8 John Dunne I

Perhaps I should read Section 9 John Dunne II as well.

I see in my reading and in the reading of others that I do not say Quote and UnQuote when there are " " around a phrase. If we dont use those terms then the next reader does not know for sure when we are quoting or just continuing to read as any other sentence. I and we pause before we ready the quote but I wonder if convention would dictate that we say quote and unquote for accuracy in our report.

I am noticing that i am whistling or lisping when is say sssses and i have not found a feature in Effect to eliminate these.

mlee
Both sections are yours.

In my experience as a reader, I've never actually said "quote unquote" when reading quotes. You can if you really think it's necessary but I doubt it's essential. I think the whistling noise is common; so long as it's not heavily distracting I wouldn't spend too much time trying to correct it.
Josh
mlee

Post by mlee »

March 7
FROM mlee

Here is Section 8 Charles Dunne I

Time 21.95

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_08_symons_128kb.mp3

mlee
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

May I please claim sections 4,19,26,27
Thank you!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
sheilablunt

Post by sheilablunt »

Hi Karl,
Here are my two fixed chapters 28 and 29. Sorry for the delay; I guess I didn't check the window for a while! Thanks for the compliments. I would like to read section 24, please; Huysman.
Sheila
jk124

Post by jk124 »

mlee wrote:March 7
FROM mlee

Here is Section 8 Charles Dunne I

Time 21.95

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_08_symons_128kb.mp3

mlee
Thanks for that section. Just to be clear, I need the durations in minutes and seconds - if you select the whole audio clip in Audacity, it will show this number at the bottom of the screen. Any duration with more seconds than 59 can't be right.
Josh
jk124

Post by jk124 »

karlkuzmich wrote:May I please claim sections 4,19,26,27
Thank you!
sheilablunt wrote:Hi Karl,
Here are my two fixed chapters 28 and 29. Sorry for the delay; I guess I didn't check the window for a while! Thanks for the compliments. I would like to read section 24, please; Huysman.
Sheila
All five sections assigned. I think those links dropped off, Sheila :)
Josh
mlee

Post by mlee »

March 8
FROM mlee
RE Section 9 John Donne II

Time 23.92

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_09_symons_128kb.mp3

mlee
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

karlkuzmich wrote:May I please claim sections 4,19,26,27
Thank you!
I'm sorry, but there is just too much French, where my accent is even worse than in English. I should have taken a closer look :oops: I think I have to resign, please take these sections back to the pool. :(
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
jk124

Post by jk124 »

karlkuzmich wrote:I'm sorry, but there is just too much French, where my accent is even worse than in English. I should have taken a closer look :oops: I think I have to resign, please take these sections back to the pool. :(
I'm sorry to hear that. Will mark those sections open again. You're welcome to any other sections that catch your eye! :)
Josh
JimRowland

Post by JimRowland »

Hello again. Thanks for the PL on section #17 ( I think it was). I appreciate the feedback.
I noticed a couple of issues myself, but if they are okay, that's okay too. I will, do better at catching them the first time. I suppose as the equipment gets a little better production will get better as well. Thanks again.
I'll get started on my next assignment. It really is rather exciting. Don't you think?

Jim
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Sections 8 and 9 are PL OK! :) Nicely read :thumbs:
Kathrine
mlee

Post by mlee »

kathrinee wrote:Sections 8 and 9 are PL OK! :) Nicely read :thumbs:
kathrinee

March 14, 2016
from mlee
RE: I have a question about Sections 11, 28, 29. I listened and wrote the See PL Notes several weeks ago and I have not noticed the corrections. Have I missed something, should I write to the readers, should I just wait and see?

mlee
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

May I please read Section 27. Charles Baudelaire?

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
sheilablunt

Post by sheilablunt »

I've just uploaded section 24 which is 34:27 min. long. I looked up the pronunciation for Huysmans and discovered there are two versions, the Dutch and the French so I used the French. Hope that is ok.
Also I resent the corrected sections 27 abd 28 last week and see that they haven't been PL yet If you didn't receive them I can upload again. Thanks
Sheila

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_24_symons_128kb.mp3 32.31 KB Clear
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Oops sorry, Baudelaire is covered!
Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson