mlee

Post by mlee »

February 28, 2016
From mlee

RE: Here is #2 of Section 3 of Charles Lamb with "End of Section 3"

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_03_symons_128kb.mp3

Audacity = 844 = 14.06

mlee

I am reading FAQ For Proof Listeners. Ready soon.
mlee

Post by mlee »

February 28, 2016
FROM mlee

RE should I or may I PL Section 10 Emily Bronte read by BettyB (Am I asking in the right way and in the right place?)

mlee
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Mlee: Yes, please PL section 10 :) (You don't have to ask beforehand when there is no Dedicated Proof Listener, but if you want to ask, this is the right place to do it).

Just post in the thread whether it is PL OK or if there are PL notes afterwards :)
Kathrine
mlee

Post by mlee »

February 28, 2016
FROM mlee
RE ??? I will PL section 10 BUT where do I click to listen - I double click on Listen (in blue type) next to "Ready for PL on the Section 10 line in the magic window and I get "Moved Permanently here" and I click here but get nothing. It seems to me I have to up or down load the recording so it has to show up on my Audacity screen so I can see the time line and spacing. I have read FAQ for Listeners but ....

mlee
mlee

Post by mlee »

February 29, 2016
FROM mlee
RE: PL

I figured out how to PL.

I have PL'd section 10 and find it PL OK no changes necessary. Now how do I show that so BettyB and you can see my evaluation.

Shall I now PL Section 11 EDGAR ALLAN POE?
mlee

Post by mlee »

February 29, 2016
TO: BettyB
FROM mlee
RE: Section 11 EDGAR ALLAN POE

Please see 3.16 - I think you say "We loose, in short, all that creation of beauty...."
then you add the correction "We loose, in short, all that assimilates in beauty...."
So just take out the "creation" part.

Otherwise reading is excellent and PL would be Ok when changed.

mlee
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you Mlee! I can update the MW so it easy for the readers to see (and you are right to post it in the thread, just like you are doing). Great!
Kathrine
mlee

Post by mlee »

JimRowland wrote:Hi. Just uploaded section 17: https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_17_symons_128kb.mp3 Time is 7:29.38 minutes

I hope that I did this okay. I'm new and this is my first recording. I'm unsure if it's right, but if not, I guess, someone will tell me. lol
It seems that there may be a few issues, but I'll wait to hear what you think. Have a Great Day!
February 29, 2016
FROM mlee

Jim: PL OK. Excellent reading, volume, speed, interpretation.
mlee

Post by mlee »

jmoon110 wrote:Section 18 uploaded
File Length = 10:57

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_18_symons_128kb.mp3
February 29, 2016
FROM mlee
RE Section 18 Thomas Hardy
jmoon:

At the end of the INTRO at 0.18 we suggest you say "Figures of Several Centuries, by Arthur Symons, Section 18"

SO just add Section 18 and resend and I expect PL will be ok
Your reading is enjoyable listening and learning.
Thank you mlee
mlee

Post by mlee »

jk124 wrote:
sheilablunt wrote:Josh,
Here is section 28. It is a short one 8:28 . If you like , I can also record the second part of Pater (29)
Sheila

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_28_symons_128kb.mp3
Thanks Sheila. You're welcome to do section 29 if you want it.
March 1, 2016
FROM mlee
TO Sheila
RE Section 28 Walter Pater

See 0.16 It is always "nice" to have you say "Recording by Sheila" - (or whatever name you prefer) This is noted in the Instructions #7, as "If you wish to say: Recording by...." so not required. AND I notice at the end you do include your name so you dont need to say it at the beginning - unless you want to.

See 0.20 At the end of the Into we would prefer "Figures of Several Centuries by Arthur Symons Section 28 Walter Pater" (See paragraph 7 of the instructions)

See 0.34 I hear a cough - could you listen and erase if possible and resend.

So those two changes - otherwise nicely done.

mlee
mlee

Post by mlee »

sheilablunt wrote:Hi Josh,
Here is section 29. I recorded the one footnote in the text (4) because there were no instructions to omit it as in some readings.
Sheila

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_29_symons_128kb.mp3 19.35 KB Clear
length 20:38
March 1, 2016
TO Sheila
FROM mlee
RE Section 29 Walter Pater II

See 1.43 I hear a DING. Please review and remove if you think appropriate.

See 5.17 I think you say 1988 and it should be 1888. Please review and change.

See 13.35 I hear you say "...I always say so" then a long pause then at 13.38 you repeat "...I always say so. The relationship has...." Please review and and if possible remove the first "I always say so"

Thank you for recording the Footnote.

Otherwise well done and high praise for your pronunciation of the French words. Please choose another Section with French words.

SO 3 changes and resend.

mlee
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

I was directed here from the Listener's Wanted forum. It wasn't clear from this thread if you still need a DPL. If you do, I would love to DPL for you. Just let me know!
~Maggie

...striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you for your interest Maggie, I think we are good. (I'll promptly take away the "ad" for a DPL now) :)

ETA:
I just realize my response to you was kind of ambiguous... Sorry about that. I'll try again: Thank you for your interest! No thank you, we do no longer need a DPL :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I have updated the MW with PL status/Pl notes.

mlee, would you like to learn to update the Magic Window and be the DPL, or would you rather just keep doing what you have been doing so far (listen and post in the thread whether it is PL OK or there are PL notes)? :)
Kathrine
mlee

Post by mlee »

March 1, 2016

Kathrinee

I would you like to learn to update the Magic Window and be the DPL,

mlee