[Complete] Spontaneous Activity in Education, Montessori -lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
carteki

Post by carteki »

DianaFoster wrote:Wow! I have a page. That's great.

Could you please tell me what I should do about the charts and graphs in my chapter? I looked around librivox and could not find an answer. Do I just ignore them?

Thanks.
Sorry for the delay in the reply.
There are quite a number of graphs. I would suggest a "Listener note" before you start the chapter saying that "there are a number of graphs in the chapter and to please refer to the text source if possible while listening."
When you get to the graphs you'll need to describe them. I've put a post in Help Wanted about this and lets see what responses we get.

Regards
DianaFoster

Post by DianaFoster »

Hi, thanks for the advice. After reading the post you linked to, it seems I should post a listeners note at the start of the chapter and perhaps state the title of the graph? Like, "Figure 1, A Comparison of Methods" and then move on to the text? does that seem like a good solution?

Thanks.
carteki

Post by carteki »

DianaFoster wrote:Hi, thanks for the advice. After reading the post you linked to, it seems I should post a listeners note at the start of the chapter and perhaps state the title of the graph? Like, "Figure 1, A Comparison of Methods" and then move on to the text? does that seem like a good solution?

Thanks.
That is great. Thank you.
DianaFoster

Post by DianaFoster »

Hi, I thought I'd volunteered to do all of Chapter 3, but when I looked at the window, it seems Ch 3 is divided into two parts and that I am assigned to the first part. That's fine with me, because coincidentally, I just finished reading to the exact end of the first part. Here it is, up to page 96 and ending just before "In Our Children's Houses". It is one hour, nine minutes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/spontaneousactivity_3_montessori_128kb.mp3

Diana
carteki

Post by carteki »

DianaFoster wrote:Hi, I thought I'd volunteered to do all of Chapter 3, but when I looked at the window, it seems Ch 3 is divided into two parts and that I am assigned to the first part. That's fine with me, because coincidentally, I just finished reading to the exact end of the first part. Here it is, up to page 96 and ending just before "In Our Children's Houses". It is one hour, nine minutes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/spontaneousactivity_3_montessori_128kb.mp3

Diana
1h09 - WOW that is an amazing achievement for a new reader! :thumbs:

Chapter 3 is split because we limit the length of our recordings to 75mins (I think) as this is the length that will fit on one CD.
If you want to finish the chapter I'm more than happy for you to do so!

Maxine will listen to your recording and let you know if there are any issues.

Regards
Kim
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

First I have to say you are a wonderful reader and I hope you choose to take on the second half of chapter 3!

Section 5 PL Notes

@ the beginning there are 5 seconds of silence. The template says
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording

@ 8:09 to 8:19 repeat of
The secret of the free development of the child consists, therefore, in organizing for him the means necessary for his internal nourishment,

@26:09 I hear 'lengths' where text reads 'heights' in phrase:
If the enthusiasm which leads the child to rise to greater heights

@ 39:15 omitted 'of persistence in application and of patience to which will be added elasticity,' from phrase:
and of producing those phenomena of persistence in application and of patience to which will be added elasticity,

@47:47 I hear 'observation' where text reads 'organization' in phrase:
these may be summed up as an awakening, as an organization of the personality.

@51:44 to 52:16 repeat of
'Miss Dufresne describes the initial disorder of her first attempt as follows: "I must confess that the first four weeks were disheartening; the children could not settle to a task for more than a few moments; they showed no perseverance, no initiative; at times they followed one another like a flock of lambs; when one child took up an object, all [Pg 89] the others wanted to imitate him, sometimes they rolled on the floor and overturned the chairs."'

@1:09:41 omitted at the END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

Because this file is longer than 30 minutes there needs to be 10 seconds of silence at the end.

Max :)
DianaFoster

Post by DianaFoster »

Thank you for the encouraging words, and Iwill get on those changes right away!

One question--the reason I did not include the statement "End of Chapter 3", etc is because it actually is not the end of Chapter 3.It's only halfway through. Do you still want me to say "End of Chapter 3"?

Thanks.

Diana
carteki

Post by carteki »

Thank you Dianne and Max.
Please can you say [End of Chapter 3 Part 1]

Thanks
Kim
DianaFoster

Post by DianaFoster »

Sure, will do!
DianaFoster

Post by DianaFoster »

Hi, here is the revised version of Ch3, part 1
It is one hour, nine minutes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/spontaneousactivity_05_montessori_128kb.mp3

I really hope this is OK because I think I somehow damaged my .aup file as I was finishing up. However, if there is a problem with my revisions, please let me know and I'll try to see if I can figure out what happened to the .aup file.

Thanks!

Diana
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Diane, The edited version is fine. I listened from the link in your post so you wouldn't have to worry about your aup. (whatever that is).
I will mark it so when it shows up in MW.

DianaFoster

Post by DianaFoster »

Good, I'm glad it's OK. I don't know what MW is, but the .aup is just the file extension in Audacity before its converted to an MP3.

I'm afraid I dont' have time to do Part 2 but I really enjoyed doing the first part. Learned a bit about Maria Montessori as well. Thanks.
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

MW is the Magic Window where the files show up, on the first page of the project. The BC or MC will put the file in there. I ProofListen only, I don't record so I don't know much about Audacity.
Perhaps I will meet you again on a future project.
DianaFoster

Post by DianaFoster »

Oh, thanks for the explanation. I hope to work with you again. Good luck with this project.
Lisa57

Post by Lisa57 »

Hello,
May I please claim Section 17 if it is still available?
thank you,
Lisa57