Section 52 is now PL OK and beautiful.
Thank you.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :)
Carolin
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Thank you for the encouragement, Ivory! I am enjoying reading poems for this project. May I also read Section 15 - A World Redeemed?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

but of course :thumbs:
Carolin
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Thank you! Here's "A World Redeemed": https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/gleamsofsunshine_15_chant.mp3 It's 02:07 in length.
Salvationist

Jude1972

Post by Jude1972 »

I would like Life and to Mr Rudyard Kipling please if they haven't already been taken!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
rosehip

Post by rosehip »

Jude1972

Post by Jude1972 »

Carolin wrote:thank you both :thumbs:

excellent!!!!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you carol :thumbs:
Carolin
Ivory

Post by Ivory »

Section 15
Background noise is high at 39.8 db and volume is low at 86.8.
Jason, if you are using Audacity you can use 'amplify' to boost the sound to 89.0 or so. You can use 'noise removal to lower background noise to 24.0 or so.
Do you use Checker to check the file specs? Let me know if you are familiar with all this.
Thank you.
Ivory

Post by Ivory »

Section 5.
The intro for this is a little different than that used for some other readings. For consistency with the rest of the book please use
" [Poem title], by Joseph Horatio Chant, read for LibriVox.org by [your name] ".

Background noise is a little high at 35.1. Please leave a full second of silence at the beginning.

Section 11.
Same note for the intro as above. Background noise is good. Please leave a full second of silence at the beginning.

Section 15.
Same note for the intro as above. Background noise is a little high at 35.5. Silence at beginning and end is good.

Thank you, you have a charming voice.
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

I have reduced the background noise and amplified the sound by 2db on Section 15 - "A World Redeemed". I have uploaded the new file here: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/gleamsofsunshine_15_chant.mp3
Salvationist

rosehip

Post by rosehip »

Hello Ivory,
I have (hopefully) adjusted the files to your satisfaction.
As I mentioned in my recent posts in the technical help section, since changing to Windows 10 , I can only get my Samson mike to work with Audacity if I turn up the recording volume to the highest level to get a reasonable wave format. However, when I listen to it , it sounds quite soft and I was definitely not aware of much background noise, as the baseline recording did not show it. I always run noise reduction, but will now be aware that I need to set it higher. These are the first recordings I have done since the change. I am hopeful that Audacity may upgrade and I will then be able to use the settings I am used to. I am pleased that it works at all, to be honest! I have spent a number of hours trying to improve this without success.

Section 5
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/gleamsofsunshine_05_chant.mp3 duration 1minute 17 seconds

Section 11
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/gleamsofsunshine_11_chant.mp3 duration 3minutes 41 seconds

Section 57
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/gleamsofsunshine_57_chant.mp3 duration 1 minute

Carol
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you all!

i should clarify that with the short disclaimer, a bit of variation is allowed, but i think from the duration of the file that the long disclaimer was used. we shortened the disclaimer so that it is not longer than the poem itself :)

also, the instructions of silence in the beginning of the recording are frequently misunderstood. the one second is an upper limit, not a strict value - the silence should not be longer than 1 second, but it can be shorter - though i hear from our mp4 makers that they prefer to have a half second for their process, so i guess anything between 0-1 second is fine, with 0.5 seconds being the optimal value :)
Carolin