[COMPLETE]A Holy Life the Beauty of Christianity, J Bunyan - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

So, I need the text to be able to PL... Laurie Anne do you know which one she used?
~Kim
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

I'd assume it's the one linked in the first post. Does it not match? If not, we'll have to wait until she can tell us.

ForEmma, are you still working on this? No rush -- just please post here once a month (even if you don't have a new recording) so I'll know to keep the project active for you.
Laurie Anne
Peppersnoodles93

chocoholic wrote:I'd assume it's the one linked in the first post. Does it not match? If not, we'll have to wait until she can tell us.

ForEmma, are you still working on this? No rush -- just please post here once a month (even if you don't have a new recording) so I'll know to keep the project active for you.
I tied the links provided and it wasn't matching. I sent her a PM a while ago. She hasn't picked it up yet. Hopefully she'll be back soon! :D
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

Still hasn't picked up her PM
~Kim
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Thanks for the heads up! She's probably busy in real life. I'll give her some more time before I do anything with the project, but I don't think you need to proceed with the PL'ing until we know about the text. And thanks for checking it!
Laurie Anne
Peppersnoodles93

chocoholic wrote:Thanks for the heads up! She's probably busy in real life. I'll give her some more time before I do anything with the project, but I don't think you need to proceed with the PL'ing until we know about the text. And thanks for checking it!
Thanks Laurie Anne. Yes, I would imagine that too. :)
~Kim
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Kim, did ForEmma ever pick up your PM?

ForEmma, if you see this, please let me know if you're still working on this!
Laurie Anne
Peppersnoodles93

No, She never did.
~Kim
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Thanks, Kim.
Laurie Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

ForEmma, in case you haven't seen this already, a server error wiped out everything that was done at LV between Sep 15 and Oct 14. All forum posts and uploaded files are gone and we aren't able to recover them. I don't remember any new files for this project, but I believe there was some forum discussion that's now missing. Please continue to keep us updated on whether you're continuing this project (and the text source you're using).

Thanks! If you'd like more information about the glitch, it's here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62490
Laurie Anne
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Whoa! That's horrid news. And it doesn't make me feel any better about being late on my recordings, either, even though they would have been lost anyway. :oops:

I am about to start a recording right now, using the Gutenberg text. Since there was copyright issue about my first recording using the other text, I am just starting all over again with the Gutenberg text. Linking here:
http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/6047/pg6047-images.html

I'm learning the hard way that I can only do recordings when I'm not in school semester, so I am going to try to get recordings in over Christmas break, and then if I am not done finish the recordings over Spring break. Is that ok?
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Hi! I can't open the link you posted, but if it's the same as this one, you're fine: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6047
I've removed the two files from possibly copyrighted sources.

I'm glad you're still planning to record this! I understand being able to record only over school breaks. Please check in once a month even if you haven't recorded anything so I'll know this is still on your radar. After 3 months of no contact from a soloist, we tend to consider solos abandoned and open them up so other people can finish them.

Have a good rest of the semester!
Laurie Anne
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Oh, right. Once a — like what the big red letters on the project page say. ;) I'll put a reminder on my calendar. Thanks! I have done the first two recordings, and will plan on editing them over the next few days.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Sounds great!
Laurie Anne
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn