[COMPLETE]A Holy Life the Beauty of Christianity, J Bunyan - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Great! Would you please enter the links and run times in the Magic Window and mark them "Ready for PL"? (If you need a copy of the MW instructions, just let me know!)
Laurie Anne
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

I would appreciate being reintroduced to the MW instructions. It's been so long I've forgotten. I forget the BC Admin password... Thanks!
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Sure! I'll send you the instructions by PM.
Laurie Anne
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Thanks! The MW has been updated.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Perfect! Thank you!
Laurie Anne
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Hello! Which text are you reading from? I can't find what you were reading on the gutenberg link http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/6047/pg6047-images.html
PREFATORY REMARKS BY THE EDITOR.

This treatise is one of those ten distinct works, which the author had prepared for the press, when he was so suddenly summoned to the Celestial City. Well did his friends in the ministry, Ebenezer Chandler and John Wilson, call it "an excellent manuscript, calculated to assist the Christian that would grow in grace, and to win others over to Jesus Christ."
That would be what's on the gutenberg, but does not correlate with what you are reading.
~Kim
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

If you click on the Gutenberg link (the 6047 link) in the 'home' post of this topic, and then search in that document 'A Holy Life the Beauty of Christianity,' it should lead you to the title of this work and the text from which I am reading.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
Peppersnoodles93

Hi there! I'm sorry for the delay, I couldn't find the text and then I realized that one document had many of Bunyan's works combined. So I finally found the text! You read very precisely, good job! I didn't find any mistakes in the reading of the text. The only thing you need is "End of Editor's Note." at the end of this file with the 5 seconds!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
~Kim
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Thanks, Kim! I will get that fixed, and get going on the next section edits!
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
Peppersnoodles93

For the introduction:

Please don't read the footnotes. They break up the flow of the text. You could say, footnote 1. And if the reader is interested in them, they can go back and find the footnotes. 15:30 is where you reference footnote 1.

I would also suggest instead of reading Jeremiah chapter 2 verse 10, you just say 2:10. It might make it less on a focus on the reference and more on the words.

That's it! Good job! You are flawless in your reading!
~Kim
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

I can't look at the text right now because Gutenberg seems to be down, but whether to include footnotes is generally up to the soloist (or BC of a group project). Most people read them if they add useful information but leave them out if they're only a reference citation or something like "see page 53," which wouldn't make sense to a listener. But it really depends on the book and the context. And yes, if you read them do say "Footnote" at the beginning and "End footnote" at the end (if you didn't already).
Laurie Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

ForEmma, are you still working on this?
Laurie Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Moving to Abandoned.
Laurie Anne
Scarlet576

Post by Scarlet576 »

I would like to do this, but I'm struggling. I can't find this specific text in the link. It is all of his work, and I don't know how to search for the part that I need. I did find this source.

http://www.chapellibrary.org/files/6913/7642/2839/bun-holylife.pdf

Also, the MW has it divided into sections. What are the divisions? & I can't make the corrections of the first two parts because I don't have those files to edit. Should I just start over?

Please assist. Thanks!
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Scarlett,
Once an MC picks you up they will move the existing files from the abandoned folder so you will have access to them.

Please consider if you really want your PL level to be word perfect. If not, your MC can change this for you as well.

The pdf you posted doesn't include a copyright statement so it's unlikely you will be able to use that.

Here is how I would get a workable text from the PG file. I went to the PG link and at the bottom of the list there is a link for "other files" from there you can get the text (txt) file. I then copied that to a word document then did a search for your title. It shows up on page 866 of 1313. Delete the first 866 pages then do a word search for some of the words at the end (taken from your pdf). Delete the pages after all the footnotes and now you have 77 pages from the PG copyright approved file to work with. Now you have 45721 words. For dividing them that's subjective. The original reader didn't post her plan so you'll have to come up with one. As you are reading you might find natural breaks in the flow of the document or you can just break them when you feel you have enough for a section. When I break I try to keep the section about the same lenght, nothing to agonize over but I wouldn't want a bunch of 45 minute sections and then a 5 minute section unless there was a reason. Just remember not to go over 70 minutes on any section and you will be fine. You can have more or less sections that what is in the MW. Since the document is ~80 pages and I'm really comfortable with 10 pages at a time I would use that as a guide and see if I could find some natural breaks every 10 pages. That's just me. Oh and since to write up the instructions here is the working doc I created along the way: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4bi_D0sUQ5jVFZZZ1BURVYtdlE

Good luck and if I got anything wrong I'm sure your MC will set you back on the correct course.