COMPLETE - Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë - AF/ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Here is the catalog page for hosmer_angel, who read chapters 6, 8, and 9:
http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=1200
You can find his other recordings there. His last forum post was 2.5 yrs ago, but perhaps he will record more for us in the future.
Laurie Anne
awesomevegan

Post by awesomevegan »

chocoholic wrote:Here is the catalog page for hosmer_angel, who read chapters 6, 8, and 9:
http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=1200
You can find his other recordings there. His last forum post was 2.5 yrs ago, but perhaps he will record more for us in the future.
Thanks a bunch! :) I hope he does record more. I hope to do some recording of my own soon and have my own little catalog here too. :)
Lady Maria

Post by Lady Maria »

Hello everybody,

I realize I have made a couple of mistakes in the summary: I said that the novel's action was set in mid 19thC. Yet the novel starts with the date 1801. Quite remarkable in its way, isn't it. Considering this is the start of a retrospective journey, the main action therefore takes place at the end of the 18thC, and then proceeds at the dawn of the 19thC.
I compounded this first error by later claiming the events took place "far from the Victorian uprightness". I should think so, as Queen Victoria's reign only began in 1837 and she herself was born in 1819.
I seem to have confused Emily's lifetime with the actual narration.

Now, I am quite aware this project dates from 2007, that is more than a decade ago. Nevertheless, I am of the opinion it really must be set right.

How may I then set about correcting and uploading the summary?

Best,
Maria
Last edited by Lady Maria on June 11th, 2021, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Since it's been 14 years, the summary is probably "out there" beyond all recall. However, we can change it on the LV catalog page and on the LV Archive page for the project. Beyond that there are no guarantees.

Just post the new summary/intro here in this thread, and we'll change it out.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Lady Maria

Post by Lady Maria »

Thank you Tricia.

A man becomes obsessed with vengeance when his soul mate marries another man. Heathcliff is Cathy Earnshaw's foster brother; more than that, he is her other half. When forces within and without tear them apart, Heathcliff wreaks vengeance on those he holds responsible, even into a second generation.

Source: the internet
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

"the internet" as a source is problematic, since it might not be PD (it may be copyrighted or restricted). Could you reword it so that it's more your own words?
Lady Maria

Post by Lady Maria »

I did not trust myself anymore, but here goes:

A tale of passion and vengeance set in the bleak Yorkshire moors, Wuthering Heights depicts the mutual love of Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff till destruction and death rend the narration. There is no place for remorse in our antihero's breast as he sets about ruining the lives of those he considers responsible for his own misery. Yet cruelty is only to be met with compassion in the following generations. Romantic, impassioned and wild, it is also a dark journey in the human soul.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It sounds great to me! I'm working on replacing it...
Lady Maria

Post by Lady Maria »

Great, thanks.