COMPLETE - Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë - AF/ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

miss stav wrote:I'll proof listen chapter 6 if needed. Uppdate it in the magic window and I'll be around.
Stav.
Stav, there's a thread for this project in the Listeners Wanted forum, and shelagh has already snapped up chapter 6, but thanks! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Lady Maria

Post by Lady Maria »

Thanks Gesine for taking it up. It's now done; we'll see with Chris about the sound.

Happy New Year!
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Happy New Year!

Chapter 06 is edited on my computer.
I'll attempt to upload it later today (or it will be next week) then get onto cataloguing. Yeepee!
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
hosmer_angel

Post by hosmer_angel »

my computer's fixed now so i'll just do it again - watch this space.

c
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Do you mean you'll record it all again Chris or just the edit?
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

hosmer_angel

Post by hosmer_angel »

it's a short chapter - i'll just do it again.
hosmer_angel

Post by hosmer_angel »

i.e. i'll record it again from scratch.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

If you wish, Chris.

The edit made here is tiny and seemless though and the volume seems good to me even though I didn't compare with other files.
Ezwa

Boileau

hosmer_angel

Post by hosmer_angel »

ah ok - i thought i was supposed to fix something... if it's all ok, i'll leave it.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

hosmer_angel wrote:ah ok - i thought i was supposed to fix something... if it's all ok, i'll leave it.
OK, Chris.
There was just one extra "not" which was easy to edit out.
And, regarding the volume, it's a bit lower than some other files but as loud as others so, it seems good to me.

I'll get on cataloging. :)
Ezwa

Boileau

Lady Maria

Post by Lady Maria »

Thanks a lot for the cataloguing bit of work!

Best wishes for this year, hope you had fine holidays and a nice Christmas, too!
Last edited by Lady Maria on June 11th, 2021, 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

This project is now complete. All the files can be downloaded from our catalogue: http://librivox.org/wuthering-heights-by-emily-bronte/

Well done everyone!

Please, check your details (catalogue name,...).

Thanks to shelagh, GaryG48, Caeristhiona, xenophobicz and ccbell for PLing!
Ezwa

Boileau

awesomevegan

Post by awesomevegan »

I wanted to say thank you to all those involved in this project. I especially enjoyed the readings of chapters 3 and 6 so far. :) If this isn't the right place to say thank you I am sorry! I have listened up through chapter 6.
Lady Maria

Post by Lady Maria »

You have good taste!
Last edited by Lady Maria on June 11th, 2021, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesomevegan

Post by awesomevegan »

Lady Maria wrote:Dear awesomevegan,

I don't know whether this is the right place to say so either, but thanks for the appreciation, this project was indeed a pleasant one - not that I can vouch for all concerned, of course - and dare I say it, you have good taste.

Take care
Thanks, Lady Maria. :) I particularly like the Englishman reader, Chris from Chapters 6, 8 and 9. I hope to hear more reading from him and perhaps a solo project if he is still volunteering here. I must say I love an English accent (I am of British decent but born in the US. ) I find it goes well with the story and I find it comforting for some reason lol. I guess because I feel like I am connecting to my ancestry? I guess I am strange.