[COMPLETE] The Sikh Religion Vol 3 by MA Macauliffe-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PAOttawa

Post by PAOttawa »

Hi Kim - Although it may take a little time to finish, I am willing to read the rest of the book but would happily step aside if there is interest in contributing from other readers.

Cheers
Pardeep
Pardeep Ahluwalia
carteki

Post by carteki »

Thank you :thumbs:

I think that the best way to do this will for you to claim the sections that you want to read - just before you start them, or a few beforehand - and that will let other readers know a) someone is working on a particular section; and b) there are other sections needing readers.

Time is not an issue. There doesn't seem to be a great rush for the project (and then we have vol 4-6!)

Kim
PAOttawa

Post by PAOttawa »

Hi Kim - I will take sections 22-24, and 26 & 27 (I need to look a little more closely at 22 and 23, the partitions in the MW don't seem to be quite right).

Pardeep
Pardeep Ahluwalia
carteki

Post by carteki »

PAOttawa wrote:Hi Kim - I will take sections 22-24, and 26 & 27 (I need to look a little more closely at 22 and 23, the partitions in the MW don't seem to be quite right).

Pardeep
Go ahead.
Cheers
PAOttawa

Post by PAOttawa »

Hi Kim,

I would suggest restructuring Sections 22 and 23 a little.

Section 22 - rename to "Jaitsari Ki War - Part 1". It would run from p370 "Jaitsari Ki War" to p399 ""... sacrifice unto him."
Section 23 - rename to "Jaitsari Ki War - Part 2". It would run from p399 "Ramkali" to p429 ".. saveth all his family."

Thoughts?

Pardeep
Pardeep Ahluwalia
carteki

Post by carteki »

PAOttawa wrote:Hi Kim,

I would suggest restructuring Sections 22 and 23 a little.

Section 22 - rename to "Jaitsari Ki War - Part 1". It would run from p370 "Jaitsari Ki War" to p399 ""... sacrifice unto him."
Section 23 - rename to "Jaitsari Ki War - Part 2". It would run from p399 "Ramkali" to p429 ".. saveth all his family."

Thoughts?

Pardeep
I've made the changes to the MW. Rapunzelina, Pardeep is taking over as BC. He just needs to decide if he's going to leave the sections open for other readers or finish them all himself.
Thank you for all your input.

Kim
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Kim.

Pardeep, I have changed the info for this project behind the scenes to make you the BC.

As BC, you are responsible for updating the MW. If you keep this as a group, you will also need to assign sections to readers who make a claim. Instructions on how to use the MW are in the BC How-to document. First step is to log in and create a password. That's spelled out in the BC How-to document. Here is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!)

Bit of a learning curve to using the MW system, so if you have any questions, please ask. We've all had to learn to use it at some point!

MaryAnn
PAOttawa

Post by PAOttawa »

Thanks MaryAnn, for the info on how to undertake the BC functions. It may take me a little while to become comfortable, but it is reassuring to know that you and others are there to support.

Kim - Thanks for getting the project this far.

On reflection, I think I will leave it as a group project, and hope that others will be interested enough to contribute to the reading.

Cheers
Pardeep
Pardeep Ahluwalia
PAOttawa

Post by PAOttawa »

Pardeep Ahluwalia
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

PL OK for sections 26 and 27!
anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

I would like to read a couple of sections from this book when I am done with all my backlog. I've always wanted to know about the Sikh religion.
Anusha - My LV page, and Some of My Music!
PAOttawa

Post by PAOttawa »

It would be great to have you do some reading for this, Anusha - please pick one or more sections when you are ready. I've been slower getting to my sections than I wished, partly due to other summer-related activities and partly due to a misbehaving computer!

Cheers
Pardeep
Pardeep Ahluwalia
Yagistani

Post by Yagistani »

Hello. I'd like to read a section of this book. Any section will do.

Thanks.
carteki

Post by carteki »

Yagistani wrote:Hello. I'd like to read a section of this book. Any section will do.

Thanks.
Hi Yagistani,
Welcome to Librivox and lovely to have you here.
Please can you read our Newbie Guide to Recording and submit a 1 minute test before starting on a project itself. This is just to ensure that you have the correct settings for recording.

There will still be parts available when you're done.

Kim
Yagistani

Post by Yagistani »

Will do. Thanks.