[COMPLETE] "My Inventions" and Other Works by Tesla - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kaneyoto

Post by Kaneyoto »

A BIG thank you to both of you! :clap:
You're both really kind to help and it is very much appreciated.
I added the links to the audio in addition to the section times.

I put section 0 as PL OK, but I'll re-upload that along with the others at 89db when I can.

Please let me know what you think so far; I had all sorts of trouble with the audio track, so it took me forever to upload. Eventually I decided to make due with the sound inconsistencies etc. because life has to move on, but hopefully all those problems I had aren't too obvious too a first-time listener. :)

Talk to you later,
Kane
The history of science shows that theories are perishable. With every new truth that is revealed we get a better understanding of Nature and our conceptions and views are modified. -Nikola Tesla
linny

Post by linny »

Kaneyoto wrote:Please let me know what you think so far; I had all sorts of trouble with the audio track, so it took me forever to upload. Eventually I decided to make due with the sound inconsistencies etc. because life has to move on, but hopefully all those problems I had aren't too obvious too a first-time listener. :)
Hi Kane,
I'm listening to section 1 now. You made the right choice to upload and move forward. We can get stuck forever on trying to make it perfect to our own standards and unfortunately this keeps us from progressing. The edits that I have noticed are minimal and do not bother me as a listener. You are doing extremely well! Keep going. :D

Official PL notes to follow...
linny

Post by linny »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Thank you Linny. You are so sweet! I see you dropping in to help out all over the forums! Don't think for a moment that you can get by with that without being noticed! :clap:

MaryAnn
You are very kind. I'm a bit embarrassed. I thought I was working under the radar.
It's been a rainy day here and I decided to take the day off and spend my time at LV. I think I was able to get a few projects caught up today and really enjoyed myself in the process. :9:
linny

Post by linny »

Once PL notes are read, sections should be toggled to "See PL notes" or "PL ok".

PL notes for section 1:
Amplify 1-1.5
(when you upload revised files please toggle the file "ready for spot check")

Section 2:
Opening silence is almost 3 seconds. It should be less than 1.0.
Amplify 1-1.5
26:49 This is NOT standard PL and you don't have to change a thing. With that said, you might consider adding a bit more silence here. As a listener, the ending of the section was intense and then the note from the editor almost seemed an interruption. Another beat and I think I could have made the transition easier. Again, you are doing very well. Congratulations on your endeavor.

Section 3:
PL ok :thumbs:

In your initial post please change the instruction for your ending:
END of recording

At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
You have consistently said "End of Section [#]".

This project caught my attention since my husband is an EE from UCON. This book is not even close to what I anticipated. Good grief. I wish I could commit to even half as much self control. I guess that's why I'm not an inventor. :hmm: Although having to almost die twice in order to get to go to engineering school is a bit more than I'm willing to consider. :shock:

NOTE: When I record, I use MP3Gain to check my volume http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php. It's a very easy program. After I edit and before I noise clean I export from Audacity. I then drag and drop into MP3Gain and then >Analysis>Track Analysis. That tells me how much to amplify. I switch back to Audacity, amplify, noise clean, final playback and I'm ready for upload.
Last edited by linny on January 17th, 2017, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaneyoto

Post by Kaneyoto »

Hi, just a little update here.
I'm not working very quickly, but now that Cyropaedia is finished, I'll put the focus back on this project.
Still working on this one....

Kane
The history of science shows that theories are perishable. With every new truth that is revealed we get a better understanding of Nature and our conceptions and views are modified. -Nikola Tesla
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks for the update Kane.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Note: On October 14th, our servers were reset to September 15th, 2016 because of a software failure. I have confirmed that no posts or uploads on this project were affected by the outage.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Reader checked in by PM on Jan 4, 2017 and indicated intention to complete the project. RL has kept him away from recording for a while.

MaryAnn
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

I can DPL :D
~Kim
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Kim. You've now got access to the MW.
MaryAnn
Peppersnoodles93

These are all PL OK
~Kim
linny

Post by linny »

I suppose the rest of my original PL notes don't really matter, however this one should be fixed.
linny wrote:Section 2:
Peppersnoodles93

linny wrote:I suppose the rest of my original PL notes don't really matter, however this one should be fixed.
linny wrote:Section 2:
Ok, I'm going to add that to the magic window
~Kim
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

It's been six months since the reader has been on the forums, so I am moving this to the "on-hold/abandoned" area behind the scenes. PM sent to DPL.

MaryAnn
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I was thinking of converting this to a group project, so I updated the MW with text links and some metadata. (The authors other than Tesla need to be entered into the system to put in them in the metadata.)

But then I got cold feet. But at least all this info is in the MW in case anyone else wants to adopt this. :wink:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine