COMPLETE: Boy, The Wandering Dog by Marshall Saunders-rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
eliment

Post by eliment »

Finished my first recording! Learned a lot doing the first one and really enjoyed the experience (although I spent way too much time editing it)!!

anyway it is 12:08 and here is the link https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/boythewanderingdog_26_saunders_128kb.mp3

:clap: :thumbs:
Multipotenialite Extraordinaire
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

eliment wrote:Finished my first recording! Learned a lot doing the first one and really enjoyed the experience (although I spent way too much time editing it)!!

anyway it is 12:08 and here is the link https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/boythewanderingdog_26_saunders_128kb.mp3

:clap: :thumbs:
Well done, and thank you :clap: :clap: :clap:
Editing always takes a long time but it does get easier as you become more familiar with the process (which is why it's a good idea to pick a 12 minute section than a 30 minute section for a first try :roll: )
eliment

Post by eliment »

Lynnet wrote: Well done, and thank you :clap: :clap: :clap:
Editing always takes a long time but it does get easier as you become more familiar with the process (which is why it's a good idea to pick a 12 minute section than a 30 minute section for a first try :roll: )
I know exactly what you meanand I am ready for my next part. Can I reserve section 22 now? "Mrs. Waverlee's School" I think that would take slighlty over 10 minutes.

Also who do I talk too as far as making changes to my catalog page? I would like to add my website link and remove the period after my name on it.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

eliment wrote:
Lynnet wrote: Well done, and thank you :clap: :clap: :clap:
I know exactly what you meanand I am ready for my next part. Can I reserve section 22 now? "Mrs. Waverlee's School" I think that would take slighlty over 10 minutes.

Also who do I talk too as far as making changes to my catalog page? I would like to add my website link and remove the period after my name on it.
I can assign that section. It's up to you whether you go ahead and record or wait until you get PL notes on the first section.
Any admin can make those changes... so I can do it! What is your website (it has to be personal, not commercial)?
eliment

Post by eliment »

my site is catalinorodriguez.com it's my personal site and yeah if it's ok please reserve it but I will wait until the PL notes before I start recording it.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

eliment wrote:my site is catalinorodriguez.com it's my personal site and yeah if it's ok please reserve it but I will wait until the PL notes before I start recording it.
OK, done :D
eliment

Post by eliment »

I hate to sound like a pain but the link is not working. it is http://catalinorodriguez.com and thank you for reserving section 22 for me
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

eliment wrote:I hate to sound like a pain but the link is not working. it is http://catalinorodriguez.com and thank you for reserving section 22 for me
I should have realized that... I just copied and pasted :oops: Should be fixed now.
eliment

Post by eliment »

Thank you so much!!
eliment

Post by eliment »

So we dont have a DPL for this project? It's been over a week since I submitted my reading and was waiting for notes (if any) to move on the the next section I volunteered for as well as the other projects.

:?: :?: :?: :(
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

eliment wrote:So we dont have a DPL for this project? It's been over a week since I submitted my reading and was waiting for notes (if any) to move on the the next section I volunteered for as well as the other projects.

:?: :?: :?: :(
Our DPL is Valentine. He seems to have got backed up. I'll try and get to it tomorrow, if he doesn't.
The delay shouldn't prevent you from contributing to other projects.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 26:
10:33 - stumble "I was a... I just made up my mind"
eliment

Post by eliment »

Lynnet wrote:Section 26:
The line is "However, I just made up my mind to submit." did I not say it clear enough?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 20:
The file is a little on the quiet side at 86.4 dB (the goal is 89) but there are some spikes preventing amplification. I would suggest using the compressor effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKYYj6HMZU

There is also a fair amount of background noise, which should be removed: posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=58728

The reading itself is excellent :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

eliment wrote:
Lynnet wrote:Section 26:
The line is "However, I just made up my mind to submit." did I not say it clear enough?
I just listened again and it still sounds like "I was a... I just made up my mind", so I would say it was not clear. That said, PL notes are only guidelines. It is the reader's decision whether or not to follow them, so if you're happy, you can leave it as is (and sometime replacing a word or phrase sounds worse than leaving the original)