[COMPLETE] Oliver Twist, by Charles Dickens-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I read as Barney in this project, my my name does not appear in the catolog. Can you please fix that?
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

ej400 wrote:I read as Barney in this project, my my name does not appear in the catolog. Can you please fix that?
I took over the role of Barney last year when the BC opened it up again. So my files were used instead. Sorry for the confusion!
Tomas Peter
ej400

Post by ej400 »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:Barney is all PL OK! :D
I don't understand why mine were replaced here, when on page 49 they were saying that it was a funny voice for a funny character. Nothing against you Thomas, I just don't understand why they opened up my role when it was already PL OK.

I went back and listened to chapter 15 and 22 and they were my voice, while 42 and 45 appear to be your voice.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm looking into it , if your voice has been used I will see you are credited.

Anne
ej400

Post by ej400 »

It does not matter now, but I did not abandon this project, it was all PL OK on page 29

Thank you so much for looking into this.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I'm not sure why the role was opened up. :? It was last December, and that's when I claimed it. I didn't realize both our files were utilized in the editing process---that might have been unintentional. I'm rather surprised no one noticed, because at the very least there could have been a joint-credit.

Sorry for the mix-up, Elijah. This seems to have been a harmless oversight. :oops:
Tomas Peter
ej400

Post by ej400 »

It totally happens with so many characters and especially with Charles Dickens works. :D I would end up doing the same thing. :lol:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

It looks like there was a problem with the final few Barney files, and so Tomas agreed to quickly redo the last few files. In the end both voices appear in the final files.

I think this happened before I came on as DPL, so I didn't realize, but going back through the thread there is some discussion about it being too difficult to replace all the already edited files, so both voices were used.

Under the circumstances I think we can probably add Elijah to the "other minor characters" section, as Barney isn't separately credited on the catalogue page anyway.

(Sorry about that - it's always tricky when other people take over a project from the original BC. I'm only surprised there was just one omission! )
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It is a big problem with long running projects, readers and BCs drop out. I think there were missing lines and Elijah was not around . I accept responsibility for any orphaning that took place, there comes a time when to be fair to other readers things need to be catalogued so if readers wish to be involved particularly in DRs they need to check back to be sure that there are no missing lines etc.

Anne
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Yes, that's what happened! We were using your files, Elijah, but there were a couple lines missing and a few lines we had editing problems with (plosives, I think) but we couldn't get a hold of you. At that point the project was really close to finishing so Rachel looked for someone to play those lines and Tomas did them, but then Rachel disappeared a bit and the project slowed down for a while (if we had known it was going to take that long to finish we would have waited for your files, but we thought it was going to be done within the month). :) We did end up using files from both of you and they sound fabulous together! Unless you're listening really close you can't tell it's two different people. :)
Adele

Post by Elizabby »

The catalogue page has you listed now Elijah - thanks Anne!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All fixed then :D , Nice to have you back Elijah :clap: :clap:

Anne
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

I'm not sure who to report this to, but the torrent for this seems to be down. For http://ia601501.us.archive.org/13/items/ the status is listed as "File not found on http server". It also contains a large subfolder called "____padding_file" which I don't think belongs there.
Truth,
James
---------------------
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think you'd need to check that it is still happening 24 hours later - there are sometimes server faults and if it still is report it in the Archive LV forum https://archive.org/details/librivoxaudio&tab=forum . We've never had anything to do with Archive making the torrents , they just decided to one day :D
and I've no way of checking whether it was a temporary glitch or some major Archive problem.

Anne