[Complete] The Chronicles of Newgate 1 by A. Griffiths - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Newgatenovelist
Posts: 3018
Joined: February 17th, 2015, 7:22 am

Post by Newgatenovelist » February 19th, 2016, 8:26 am

Hi Alimay,

I have one small change to request for section 6. At the very beginning, you've said 'Chapter 4 - Newgate after the Great Fire', which is exactly what the Project Gutenberg text has at the top of the chapter. However, this is a longer chapter that's been split into two sections. I would like to ask you at the very beginning to say 'Section 6 - Newgate after the Great Fire, Part 1' (as it appears in the magic window). (What you did in section 5 was perfect, and this will help be consistent for the listeners.)

Whenever you've done this, please upload it with exactly the same file name and I'll spot check it!

Erin

Alimay17
Posts: 10
Joined: February 8th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Post by Alimay17 » February 22nd, 2016, 4:51 pm

Newgatenovelist wrote:Hi Alimay,
... I would like to ask you at the very beginning to say 'Section 6 - Newgate after the Great Fire, Part 1' (as it appears in the magic window). (What you did in section 5 was perfect, and this will help be consistent for the listeners.)...
Changes made

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chroniclesofnewgate1_06_griffiths_128kb.mp3 29:15

Alimay

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18721
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 22nd, 2016, 4:56 pm

Alimay17 wrote:
Newgatenovelist wrote:Hi Alimay,
... I would like to ask you at the very beginning to say 'Section 6 - Newgate after the Great Fire, Part 1' (as it appears in the magic window). (What you did in section 5 was perfect, and this will help be consistent for the listeners.)...
Changes made

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chroniclesofnewgate1_06_griffiths_128kb.mp3 29:15

Alimay
Thank you.

Newgatenovelist
Posts: 3018
Joined: February 17th, 2015, 7:22 am

Post by Newgatenovelist » February 23rd, 2016, 12:06 pm

Thank you very much - section 6 is PL OK!

Alimay17
Posts: 10
Joined: February 8th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Post by Alimay17 » February 25th, 2016, 9:39 am

Hey all, section 7 is ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chroniclesofnewgate1_07_griffiths_128kb.mp3 - 30:54

This is a really fun read, would anyone mind if I claimed section 8 as well?

Alimay.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18721
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 25th, 2016, 9:57 am

Alimay17 wrote:Hey all, section 7 is ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chroniclesofnewgate1_07_griffiths_128kb.mp3 - 30:54

This is a really fun read, would anyone mind if I claimed section 8 as well?

Alimay.
Thank you... And go for it!

Newgatenovelist
Posts: 3018
Joined: February 17th, 2015, 7:22 am

Post by Newgatenovelist » February 26th, 2016, 11:05 am

Section 7 is PL OK. I'm looking forward to hearing section 8!
-Erin

judyd1
Posts: 70
Joined: November 13th, 2015, 6:30 pm

Post by judyd1 » March 8th, 2016, 9:51 pm

Section 4--Newgate in the Sixteenth Century--please let me know if you find anything that needs to be corrected. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chroniclesofnewgate1_04_griffiths_128kb.mp3

Recording length: 53:58

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18721
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 8th, 2016, 9:57 pm

judyd1 wrote:Section 4--Newgate in the Sixteenth Century--please let me know if you find anything that needs to be corrected. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chroniclesofnewgate1_04_griffiths_128kb.mp3

Recording length: 53:58
Thank you... A long one!

Newgatenovelist
Posts: 3018
Joined: February 17th, 2015, 7:22 am

Post by Newgatenovelist » March 13th, 2016, 1:58 pm

Thank you for section 4, Judy! I don't know if 'enjoyable' is exactly the right word for some of what's described, but it was certainly informative.

I have two very short changes to request. Both are to do with the numbering of chapters. Because this book has had some chapters split into parts, could you please change 'chapter 2' at 26-27 seconds (in the introduction) to 'section 4' (like it is in the MW), and, at 53.46, could you please add 'section 4' to 'end of' at the conclusion? Your reading was very accurate, and the actual book chapter itself is perfect!

-Erin

judyd1
Posts: 70
Joined: November 13th, 2015, 6:30 pm

Post by judyd1 » March 14th, 2016, 11:07 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chroniclesofnewgate1_04_griffiths_128kb.mp3

Recording length: 54:00

Let me know if the changes are acceptable--thanks! :D

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18721
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 14th, 2016, 11:23 am

judyd1 wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chroniclesofnewgate1_04_griffiths_128kb.mp3

Recording length: 54:00

Let me know if the changes are acceptable--thanks! :D
Thank you.

Newgatenovelist
Posts: 3018
Joined: February 17th, 2015, 7:22 am

Post by Newgatenovelist » March 14th, 2016, 2:29 pm

Thanks, that's great - section 4 is PL OK!
Erin

Kalynda
Posts: 1283
Joined: July 8th, 2007, 9:44 am
Location: Maine, USA

Post by Kalynda » April 23rd, 2016, 3:11 pm

May I have 14 please?
Il faut cultiver nos jardins.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18721
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 23rd, 2016, 3:15 pm

Kalynda wrote:May I have 14 please?
You certainly may.

Post Reply