COMPLETE: Gypsy Flight by Roy J. Snell -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Bead Krazy Dawn

Post by Bead Krazy Dawn »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/gypsyflight_13_snell.mp3

Here's chapter 13.

Well, I know that the kids are out of school. The city swimming pool is open and there are kids with swim suits and towels everywhere. Little Pricilla, who's 6, lives for swimming all summer. Teen agers next door are listening to beating, hideous music all times of the day and night. The boy next door is making a mix mp3 that is going well, I guess. Got a call from the library asking for a donation for the summer reading program. I usually give earrings, necklace and bracelet. Three kids will be happy they read a book.

Ahhh, summer. :9:
You can't talk yourself out of what you behaved yourself into. Stephen Covey
maxfarce

Post by maxfarce »

Chapter XIII is PL A-OK! :clap: :wink: :clap:

Summer hasn't quite struck here, yet, except for the Memorial Day kickoff. School isn't out for my wife and her students until the end of the week. Then it will get hectic for us. My 98 and 10/12ths year old step-dad passed away a couple of days ago, and they are planning a memorial service in Utah in a couple of weeks. Immediately after that we are flying to Copenhagen for a cruise of the Baltic Sea, going to Berlin, Talinn, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, and Helsinki. It should not be quite so hot as Southern Europe has been on our past excursions. As far as the season goes, summer is here most of the year. I don't miss the cold winters in Utah, but I have to say I do miss fall.

I'll bet Ina Piccolo and young Verna are conspiring to reverse engineer that purple dye and sell it back to the mill at a discount and make a killing. They are like the loaded gun in Act I; they have to be fired off before the story is done. Or maybe they'll just become besties and dye their prom dresses together. That'll confuse Florence.

Don
Bead Krazy Dawn

Sorry for the loss of your step dad. :(

You two take awesome trips.
That why you have all the bits of tid in your memory I bet.

:9:
Bead Krazy Dawn

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/gypsyflight_14_snell.mp3

And here's section 14.

Went to a craft show and saw the coolest thing. A lady makes beautiful one of a kind glazed bowls from rhubarb leaves. Small to large, every one was pretty awesome. Made me think of you out in the garage with your pottery. :wink:
maxfarce

Post by maxfarce »

Section 14 is PL OK!! :twisted:

Take-away for this chapter: "It is hard to find a spy." If it were not so, our story would be much shorter, and spies would find themselves our of spy work, perhaps holding signs saying, "Please help! Spy work dried up." We would drop spare change in their spy hats and they would press token micro-dots into our palms as souvenirs.

Don 8-)
Bead Krazy Dawn

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/gypsyflight_15_snell.mp3

Section 15 ready for PL.

Gosh I don't realize how much time passes. Been busy with angel cards, baby hats, Petey and his adventures etc...Hope you are good.

Dawn
maxfarce

Post by maxfarce »

Chapter 15 is PL OK! :P

I'm putting my money on Hugo this week. And I think the dark lady is something else entirely. Probably an undercover agent from Interpol. I think the hunchback is a red herring.

Sorry about the delay. We had to go to Utah for my step-dad's funeral, and then immediately left for our cruise in the Baltic. I think I'm just getting over the jet-lag. We visited Copenhagen (my favorite), Berlin, Talinn, St. Petersburg (over the top extravagant), Helsinki, and Stockholm. I hope our kids don't want an inheritance, because we're spending it.

Don 8-)
Bead Krazy Dawn

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/gypsyflight_16_snell.mp3

And here's section 16.

My goodness, you should hear the thunder. Have to turn my laptop off.

Hope you are well. Dawn :9:
maxfarce

Post by maxfarce »

Chapter 16 is PL OK! :clap:

Sorry to be slow again. Right now, it seems it is one thing after another. Now I am caught up in getting my daughter moved from San Francisco to Pennsylvania to start a new job. One never stops being a parent.

The seedy gardener could be the spy or a red herring. Let's see, Hugo is attracting a lot of attention, but he may be too obvious to be the spy. OK, this week, I'm going with Verna's poor old father. He is pretty obscure, and he has a motive, money. Never had a car? Well, just watch, he will be driving a Caddy before long.

We seldom get any lightning and thunder around here. Just the wrong geography for thunderstorms. They get stuck east of us in the mountains. But that's OK, because lightning can cause fires, and we are definitely in the right area for wildfires. Does Petey get frightened by the thunder?

Don
Bead Krazy Dawn

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/gypsyflight_17_snell.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/gypsyflight_18_snell.mp3

Here are sections 17 and 18.

No, Petey ignores the lightening and thunder. Lightening hit just feet from the building and split a tree! Scared three years off of me, but he raised his head, looked at me and snuggled back on my lap. No biggie.

We have had rain and clouds for a week. The corn and soybeans are ready to come out but the fields are too muddy to harvest right now. Yuck.

I've been happily making cards and baby hats. I found a beautiful popsicle blue baby yarn and that motivates me. Of course I bought the four they had because it's rare to see it on Walmart's shelf.

Hope your daughter is all moved and happy. :thumbs:
maxfarce

Post by maxfarce »

:clap: :clap: PL OK!

Hugo may be a cradle robber, but I'm not sure I think he's the spy. He's too obvious. He is, however, a ne'er-do-well. I'm betting that sledge hammer was Florence's fist. I also see a love-triangle developing. . . . Or is this all just innocent fun? :twisted:

Don
Bead Krazy Dawn

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/gypsyflight_19_snell.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/gypsyflight_20_snell.mp3

Here's 19 and 20. I'm on a mission to get this done, this month :!:

I love all the Ballet Russe info in section 20. I'm a fan of Balanchine and have
watched so much over the years. Pablo Picasso was a designer collaborator and
married a principal dancer.

I actually named my African Grey parrot Picasso!! Silly me.
maxfarce

Post by maxfarce »

Chapters 19 & 20 are PL OK!

My favorite Russian ex-patriot is Mikhail Baryshnikov. He had unbelievable hang-time in the jumps. If the dark lady were visiting the US now she would be meeting in secret rooms with executives from Danby's company about blackmail material they had hacked from his unsecured e-mail account.

Don
Bead Krazy Dawn

Jo - help - I accidently lost the link for chapter 22. It's loaded to LV but I didn't copy the link. SORRY :oops:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/gypsyflight_21_snell.mp3

Here's section 21. I hope Jo will rescue 22 for me.
Then only three left. I will get this done!

Dawn
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Jo